I'm Sorry | Teen Ink

I'm Sorry

By SamanthaWilking BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
SamanthaWilking BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

What i really want to say is i'm sorry

I'm really sorry for not saying happy birthday to you on Friday Lindsey, I was so busy with homework and all I could think about was the migraine I had, and all the projects that are due.

I'm so sorry for not turning in my assignment two weeks ago, all I do is sleep and everything I write sounds wrong now.

I'm sorry I didn't cry at your funeral, the casket was closed and I didn't even get to see you one last time.

I'm sorry I yelled at you grandma, im just so tired and I didnt want to get up to light your cigarette for you and mix your drinks.

I'm sorry I never hang out with you dad, I didn't want to see you pretending to be happy, and pretending like you didn't clean up the mess that night .

I'm sorry I didn't do the dishes last night mom, I fell asleep and couldn't will myself to even eat when I woke up.

I'm sorry for feeling sorry for myself, even though you say it’s okay to not be okay, but you still make me do the dishes and do my homework and watch my sisters and take care of my grandma in the house my grandfather died in three months ago.

I'm sorry that you say you're sorry when I know you're not.

I'm sorry

Wrote this based off a slam poetry prompt in my creative writing class