The Journey | Teen Ink

The Journey

January 10, 2012
By n3xtusplaya DIAMOND, Honolulu, Hawaii
n3xtusplaya DIAMOND, Honolulu, Hawaii
83 articles 23 photos 232 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not."





~Luara Moncur


It's amazing how fast life can take a turn, one minute you're on a familiar road, then next thing you know you're traveling down a whole new route. Everything you pass, all the mile markers, the faces, the landscape and scenery all seem unfamiliar but you feel you belong. next thing you know you are spending quite a lot of your time now traveling further down your new route meeting new people making new memories.Life's going good.You got this. All of a sudden you lose your smile but you dont know why, you can no longer sing but you dont know why, you are annoyed with everyone, but you dont know why. worst is you feel like giving up, but you dont know why. Next thing you know you wind up in the wrong crowd-they lured you in- but feeling near desperate you gladly take any invitation you can get. You are stuck in all the junk they are, the people you use to try to help; now you are the one seeking the help. Further down the road you realize this isn't what you want so you are on the search again, looking for someone to mend the broken heart you never knew broke. The further down the road you walk the more lost you feel, the more questions you ask; seeking directions. A certain person looming at a cormer of one of the streets catches your eye-you stop making the worse mistake without even realizing it. This person offers their help.In their eyes you're just another easy target to aim at, knowing full well that in the end they will have enticed you. Gullible as you are you heed to this persons advice, you follow this unfamiliar face down a road you see as just a simple detour. They, they know it as a dead end but they are not going to put up any warning signs for you of how the road ends in so many feet;in a certain amount of choices. Not far down the beaten road, but far enough, you feel an aching, nagging tug at your chest. You ignore it. Next thing you know you are sitting on a curb without a clue where you are;crying. Crying out why? The fates must be against you is what you tell yourself, but you can not be sure because at some moments in life it feels you have never been better. You pray- and you say you will do better. And lucky for you, you get off easy this time. Next thing you know you are down yet another unfamiliar road, this one a little more traveled and beaten then the last. You look around, unfamiliar faces crowd the vast space but you can see a joy, a peace instilled in them. This is it. So you step out, and when you do someone walks up to you and says,"You look troubled let me help you." Overjoyed and thankful you smile and begin your new journey.


The author's comments:
Life is so unpredictable, sometimes the choices you make in it our too. People are searching, looking and seeking yet no one is willing to lend a hand...