Passion, or reality? | Teen Ink

Passion, or reality?

November 14, 2012
By FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia
FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia
22 articles 5 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything happens for a reason."


When I write, it is like the wind is pushing me towards my future. My passion has always been to write. Since the end of fifth grade, I have poured my heart out unto becoming an author. Seeing my name on the cover of a book is my dream. Through each and every book I read, my passion becomes stronger. I truly know that writing is my life, my goal, my dream.
From the start of kindergarten, I have been taught to put my thought on paper. Each grade has prepared me and taught me to write any type of writing thrown at me. In each class I attend, I am asked to write. Whether it is fiction, non- fiction, or a real life event, I can do it. School has prepared me to write
I have drifted off into my own world countless amounts of times. But no other time have I been so deep in thought except when I tune out the rest of the world to write. I feel like an angel in heaven, floating in the clouds with a pen and paper in hand. With me, the TV is barely on. Instead, I curl up into a ball, feeling the warmth crawl throughout me as I read my way through the weekend. When I jot down my ideas, read a book, or sometimes even say a word, I just fall into a place where no other has been before.
Become an author. Those three words circulate within me 24/7. This would give me a chance to show everyone the world what I do best. People all say that I have a talent. A talent to write. I try to send a message to reader, to pull them in like a game of tug-of-war, to make them feel like they are in the book, to feel what I am trying to express.
I know that being a writer is all I have my mind set forth to do. Going to school, writing every day, and getting advice from my superiors are all steps 2 achieving my goals. Someday, I want to be able to walk into a bookstore and pull a book off the shelf and say, “Hey, I wrote that.”


The author's comments:
I never knew I liked to write, I always did it for fun. But lately, I have turned to it more than I thought. This piece doesn't even say it all, this is only the half of it.