Angels Among Us | Teen Ink

Angels Among Us

November 19, 2009
By Anonymous

Still and breezy, a summer day on an ordinary military base, God sent angels and these angels spoke. “Why did God let all of this happen to Job?” “And if God is so great, why hasn’t He destroyed the devil?” I asked. “God did this to strengthen Job’s trust in Him to pull him through.” “The conflicts in life are to bring us closer to God.” “I think that’s why God hasn’t just destroyed the devil.” “Think of the story of Adam and Eve. Everything was perfect, and we just couldn’t handle that.” “Life’s trials allow us to seek guidance because most of us wouldn’t praise him otherwise.” “Sabrina, we aren’t in control of our lives, God is.” “God is God.” “He is greater than us.” “He made life, and knows what is best for us in how to live it.” Sally responded. “That’s why life in His hands is so wonderful and promising.” Sally smiled. “God loves you Sabrina.”
Secluded at the picnic tables offset by an equally empty parking lot and baseball field, Sally asked in far-sighted tone, “Do you accept Jesus as your savior.” Through wet puffy eyes and a lumpy throat, I felt relief to manage eye-contact and a faint, “Yes.”
Whether you follow Buddhism, Judaism, or Hinduism; God is essentially the same deity. God is virtue: loving and merciful. Best is God’s virtue shown is through His word and the testimonies of others.
A wonderful website appropriately names All About God states, “God is love. Everything God does flows from His love. There are many passages in the Bible that give us God's definition of love. The most well known verse is John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” the bible states.
God sacrificed His only son so that we, who put our faith in His Son, will not spend eternity separated from Him. This is an amazing love, because we are the ones who choose to be separated from God through our own sin, yet it's God who mends the separation through His intense personal sacrifice, and all we have to do is accept His gift. God is love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. He doesn't love us because we're lovable or because we make Him feel good; He loves us because He is love. He created us to have a loving relationship with Him, and He sacrificed His own Son (who also willingly died for us) to restore that relationship. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God is mercy. Before this summer I was an angry, doubting, and distrustful atheist. Yet through God’s merciful grace, I met Sally. Even though I had denied His Name and forsaken His power, God never gave up on me. God stood in grace, knowing my harsh words came from frustration, and rather than punishing me presented me with what I needed all along: a kind helping hand. Man is saved by grace, the heart is established by grace, and we are justified by His mercy. God's grace also makes us better people and helps us in time of need.”
God is a higher power which transcends human vice. For this reason, He holds a special place in my heart.