Names | Teen Ink

Names

By Emily Penick BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois
Emily Penick BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

Some people get called a nerd because they are smart or because they like to do educational things instead of wasting their time playing video games. i just don't get it. There is absolulty nothing wrong with liking school or homework or reading. My mom says "If someone calls you a nerd it because they are to lazy to call you intellegent." Now some people have the buck teeth and the weird classes, but who cares? When people get called names or are shot down because of who they are it makes me really mad. I get called a nerd sometimes because I like to read. I used to get so mad at my sister or my friends when they said it. Now i just let it go, there is no point in fighting about it. i think names are a really big issue in middle school. It hurts to get called a nerd or some other name. Trust me I know. Friends and family can reall help if you do get called names. Friends can definitly help you get through the names or they can make a really funny name out of it, like my did.

hailbop32 said...
Really good. i would try to work harder on word choice and sentence fluency

really good! maybe better word choice though(: but i really liked your sentence fluency(:

PK4evr ELITE said...
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!

I totally dig! HAHA. It's hard being on the smarter end of the population. People expect things from you and make fun of you because secretly, they're jealous. It's not that easy to let things go, especially when you're hot tempered, but it's something that people like us need to learn. By the way, please capitalize your i's. Otherwise, good job :)