Why This World Is So Wrong | Teen Ink

Why This World Is So Wrong

Life - the course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitutes a person's existence. In the modern teenage world, those experiences sum up to be: getting drunk, smoking, wishing and wanting for more than they already have, seeing Christmas’ and Birthdays as a time for getting more rather than giving to others, and trying to fulfill the egocentric life that each human being lives by each and every day. The majority of people in the 21st century live for themselves and maybe that is the only way to live these days. In my past 3 years of high school, I’ve learned to hate the way kids have become. When walking down a hallway, it’s a conscience to accidentally bump into someone and give them a dirty look rather than saying “Excuse me”, the way everyone should have been taught in Kindergarten. It’s easier for an average human to blame everyone else and think of as many excuses as possible, rather than just being honest and learning from the mistakes made. For example driving, instead of taking into consideration that maybe that person ahead of you in car is going through a hard time, or learning how to drive, or maybe disabled, you cuss them out behind closed doors expressing your road rage. Instead of having friends to rely on and have your back, you worry if they’re only your friend because of what you have, instead of who you are. There isn’t a day that goes by, that a human can keep themselves from judging someone or laughing at someone for what they enjoy doing or believe in. That’s why this world is so wrong.

Gossip: ideal talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others, the thing that’s on every girls Myspace or Facebook that they can’t stand and don’t want to be apart of. Maybe that’s correct, no one wants to be talked about, and have their personal affairs out in the world for people to have their lunch conversations about, but everyone enjoys it when the gossip is not on them. It’s what makes the teenage world go around. It’s something to take your mind off of the stressful project that’s due tomorrow that you haven’t started on. It’s something to laugh about with your friends. Everyone talks about everyone; no one is safe in that category. It could be the innocent good-heartened talk about someone everyone likes, or it could be the evil kind that kills someone’s reputation and lowers their self-confidence. That’s why this world is so wrong.

Everyone learned how to share in Elementary school, but once your past that no one seems to do it anymore without putting up objections or rolling their eyes. If you have a mouth-watering burger sitting in front of you, and your friend asked to have a bite, the majority of people, or at least my friends, say “No, get your own”, “Ugh, I guess”, or roll their eyes in antipathy that one bite is going to make them suffer. People don’t enjoy helping others like they should, maybe after you’ve helped someone in Africa and you feel accomplished, but not when it’s someone you go to school with who asks for help on a Math problem. Most would see that as a waste of time because they could be doing something useful for your own benefit. That’s why this world will always be so wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, I know why people do this. I’m one of those people. If people are considerate of others and as giving as they should be, you get run over and taken advantage of. If you don’t live your life thinking about yourself and only worrying about others, you will get no where and nothing accomplished because not many people out there are going to help you. But, that’s why this world is so wrong.

badaboom BRONZE, Chesterfield, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein

I like your story.  This is very true and I think it is great that somone realizes it.  Kids these days are just wrong. Nice story