Teens need enough sleep | Teen Ink

Teens need enough sleep

Imagine your annoying clock waking you up early in the morning then you press snooze and it rings again. You are not looking forward to the science test, and you wish the would push back they school hours so you would get a little bit more sleep and time to study.What I’m trying to say is teens need more sleep.

Teens need more sleep because teens get less sleep. Some teens sleep in class maybe because the subject in school is boring, and some teens sleep because the didn’t get enough sleep at home. Sleep is food for the brain and if we don’t get they sleep we need it can cause an illness.
That’s a fact.
When you are tired you're not in a good mood and you don’t want to communicate with other people and you’re not in the mood for things.

Sleep is important as breathing and eating and if you don’t do those things it’s not going to be good for your body. Eating and sleeping right will manage the stress in your life. Teenagers need 9 ½ hours of sleep. It’s not healthy if you don’t get enough hours of sleep. Some people would give you advice like sleep earlier.

NO!!
Teenagers are growing up to be adults they have things to do like school, things to do after school, and homework. If the are this busy when they are in school imagine how the will be when they have a job and bills to pay when they are adults. Many teens suffer from sleep disorders or restless leg syndrome.

Some teenaagers drive cars and some sleep while they are driving and can be very dangerous for other drivers. Some teens wake up late for school or other important things. The less sleep teens have the more stress they have. The more stress they have the less your brain doesn't work as well. Parents pressure their teens to do well in school and to study hard.
But do parents ever wonder when their teenager is studying hard do they get enough sleep?

In order to laugh you need sleep.
In order to walk you need sleep.
In order to have energy you need sleep.
Without sleep people would be fainting or walking around like zombies. 25% of teens in high school fall asleep in class and when they do they get bad grades and fail the class. Lack of sleep also damages teens' ability to do their best in athletics. Most tenagers do things after school. For example: sports, jobs, after school, chores, homework, visiting a loved one sick, babysitting siblings, celebrating something, shopping, appointments, and etc. Teens just need the school hours to later in the day, so they could get more sleep and time to study for tests that they didn't study for.

Parents and teachers do you ever wonder if your teenager or student is getting enough sleep??

jamescooper said...
jamescooper,
Hi my name is James. I'm 14 and I couldn't sleep at all last night I'm wondering if there anything i need to worry about when going through my day and if so could you tell me?