Tolerance | Teen Ink

Tolerance

By Morningstar PLATINUM, Geneva, Indiana
Morningstar PLATINUM, Geneva, Indiana

What's right? What's wrong? Understanding perspective is key to understanding tolerance. Everyone on this planet comes from different backgrounds and experiences. Thus, would different ideas and ideals not form? The greatest mistake, in my opinion, for one person to close their minds and hearts to others of different background, race, and/or religion.

This effects other aspects of self-education, because let's face it, anyone who believes everything they are told disregarding logic and any some sort of morality is a fool, are they not? It is my theory that human nature is a product of environment, and that if that environment teaches zero tolerance towards others then it should be stripped of the planet.

Some theoretical but somewhat observed examples of this include the following, and elaborate on the latter plus the former. First of all, anyone who strictly follows scripture as science and absolute literal truth, is a product of environment. To take this as literal truth and not be tolerant to any one else truths is to not think. Why? Perspective.

Secondly, any environment that teaches hate towards any one person or group, alternative lifestyles or not, is only a menace to society. This includes hate coming from any deity. There is not one just reason for a human to hate enough human, we are all made from the same tissue, we all share the same planet, same galaxy, and same universe. So to hate another person, is to hate yourself.

Thirdly, any group of people who observe laws and justice on other people's ends, but not on their on plane, are in my belief morally wrong. Why? Hippocrates do nothing but set back society for their own gain. So the so called "Progressives" and so called zealots, are doing nothing but "Progress" in the wrong direction.

False accusation and misunderstandings may also come from lack of tolerance and misunderstanding perspective. When we see American flag's being burnt are we not enraged? But why? We see those who do such actions as monsters, rioters, and anti-society. In my belief, they are not. They are only products of their environment with their perspective. As are we, because I'm sure many Arabic flags, and Islamic symbols have been burnt in the past few years. Does the media cover that though? No, the media covers only what makes money. And if the government pays the media to play an American flag being burnt, but not an Islamic symbol being destroyed, it is because they want us to hate. Why? Because hate creates division, and so logic says to hate another person is to hate yourself only to "progress" the division of a species possibly blindly or possibly guided.

So my total theory is that if logic, tolerance, and understanding of perspective is not implemented into society, then society shall be destroyed blindly.

Inspired but what I've seen in religious disputes, and what I've seen in violence.

SIMO1 BRONZE said...
SIMO1 BRONZE, Essaouira, Other
thanks mitshell M for these important ideas , although there is all that, we must be pessimistic !

Morningstar PLATINUM, Geneva, Indiana
Thanks! This really comes from me starting to think deeper on things and I'm pretty proud of this article in that it's really provocative.

TigerLynn GOLD said...
TigerLynn GOLD, Maysville, Kentucky

"She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
--Byron

I really like your ideas on tolerance. They are fresh and push an important topic in a different sort of way. GREAT job!