Images. | Teen Ink

Images.

April 6, 2009
By Anonymous

The media says that people should look a certain way, to dress a certain way but is that the only way to be pretty or beautiful? If you chose to dress different from others are you ugly? If you have a different shape from others, are you ugly? If you have a different set of values are you a bad person? If you enjoy being treated as an individual do you have the right to be treated so? If you don’t like the same thing everyone else dose, are you bad? The answers to these questions vary. The media says that we must look a certain way that certain unacceptable behaviors are acceptable. Well are they? No. Is it acceptable to walk your of your house and go partying with no panties on? No, but then to each their own. What I am saying here is that everyone is special, everyone is unique and everyone is different, each with his or her own purpose. It is acceptable to not be a size two and still be pretty, it is acceptable to not be stick thin and be pretty. So, I enjoy being treated as an individual and speak up when I think something is wrong. I have found a way to speak up. I notice that a lot of people are under the impression that only one image can be beautiful but the image is taken by different photographers in different angles. Meaning that not every image is the same. Every one person is not meant to look he same. Everyone is different in values, style and body type. The point of this is to let people know that everyone is beautiful.

The author's comments:
a lot of girls in my class are under the impression they are fat because they are not a size two. i thought it would be a good idea to address.