The Five Best Lives to Live as a Disney Princess | Teen Ink

The Five Best Lives to Live as a Disney Princess

March 31, 2014
By mkt2014 BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
mkt2014 BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

No matter what, there is no such thing as a happy ending. Some people believe this, while others choose to have hope. People may never know which is right. Everyone’s story is unique. However, if you were a Disney princess, you would have a very happy ending along with a charming, handsome prince. Many Disney princesses’ lives are great, but some clearly stand out as the best.

The fifth best princess life to live would be Sleeping Beauty’s. You would be able to spend time in the beautiful wilderness with animals, having a great time singing and dancing. The problem is you would become cursed to prick your finger and then fall into an endless sleep unless your true love kisses you on your sixteenth birthday. Being Sleeping Beauty would be relaxing. In other words, you’d undergo a lengthy nap. It would be a peaceful and refreshing way to escape from your peers, school, other stressful activities in everyday life. Then, your true love, Prince Philip, would place a soft, nice kiss on your lips to wake you up. The two of you would live happily ever after.

If you’ve ever wanted to go on a magic carpet ride, then Jasmine is your girl. Living her life from the movie Aladdin, is the fourth best. The dilemma is you do not want to marry who your father wishes you to. Instead you would fall in love with kind-hearted Aladdin, who is poor and lives in the streets with his cute and mischievous monkey, Abu. You would stand your ground to overcome your dad along with Jafar, who plots to take over as the ruler with the magic lamp. While singing with you, Aladdin will take you on a magic carpet ride, showing you the beautiful view of the area from up in the sky. You would restore your relationship with your father, and choose to marry Aladdin—experiencing a whole new world.

Let’s say you were Belle in Beauty and the Beast. At first, being in Belle’s situation can be frightening by spending your life locked in a castle. However, you will meet some friendly objects, such as Lumière, Mrs. Potts, and Chip Potts who will all brighten your day and lift up your spirit. Living in Belle’s life will make you courageous and understanding. You will learn the importance of truly knowing someone and not judging their appearance. You will get to know the Beast and discover you’re truly in love. In the ballroom you and the Beast will dance and he will sweep you off your feet by kissing you, and then transform back into his handsome human body.

Living as Ariel in the movie The Little Mermaid, would be the second best Disney princess life to live. Not only would you be able to live under the sea, you would live on land as well. In the beginning you would spend your days as a mermaid swimming around with your best friends, Sebastian and Flounder. You never know, you might even get to meet Nemo if you can find him. Becoming human is your greatest wish especially since you are in love with Prince Eric, but your dad doesn’t want you to go. Being Ariel will bring you many exhilarating adventures with the evil Ursula. In the end, your dad realizes you truly love Eric and turns you into a human. Now you are free to live happily with your Prince Eric.

The very best princess to be would be Cinderella. Of course, there would be some hardships at first, but in reality, it’d build character. Lady Tremaine, your step-mother, and your evil step-sisters, Anastasia and Drizella, will lock you in your room and treat you as a slave. You will clean the house, serve them, and do whatever they say. Don’t worry though, some mice will keep you company and be your friends. Then your fairy god-mother will come along and give you an elegant dress to wear to the ball in your horse-drawn carriage. However, your curfew is midnight. You arrive home on time, but you ditched the prince. It turns out that accidently losing your glass slipper wasn’t so bad. Now, Prince Charming will find the perfect match… for both the shoe and his true love.

Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, and Cinderella have the five best princess lives to live. If you had the chance to be one of these princesses, it would allow you to live under the sea, talk to animals, go on a magic carpet ride, find a handsome prince, and so much more. You would have the chance to live happily ever after, and it could provide inspiration to have a happy ending to your real life “Once upon a time...”


The author's comments:
We had to submit a writing for English class. I wrote this because at times we like to reminisce on past memories of being a child.