What the Fashion World has Done to Us | Teen Ink

What the Fashion World has Done to Us

July 1, 2009
By YogaGirl SILVER, Williamstown, New York
YogaGirl SILVER, Williamstown, New York
9 articles 5 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can clearly see you're the daughter of a mother's aunt's grand-mother's uncle's father's grandaughter's daughter."~~~ "Wouldn't that make me a poptart?!"


I believe that modeling is just another idealism. It usually just makes me feel bad that I don't have that flat stomach or those really cute cheek bones. Fashion, in my opinion, is what really makes people anxious about looking exactly like the models or evn the manequins.

Really though, we all have a unique sense of fashion. Most people believe that fashion is 'the style'. The only problem is, that most people tend to dress in a way that expresses who they are.

Unfortunately, when that happens, people blend together into one mass of the same thing... that doesn't sound very cool to me.

On top of it all, when you dress differently, you have the stress that you might be picked on just becasue you don't want to dress like everyone else. After all, once everyone uses up that one really 'fashionable' idea, a new fashion comes out, right? Well, it may be that you have the next fashion, no matter how many people tease you at first.

My point is, look at what the fashion world has done to us. I believe that's what really creates friction between students in schools. With uniforms, that can probably take away most of that (although I'm not exactly sure I want to wear uniforms - it would take away my chance to express myself.).

The fashion world has molded us into a big clay pot, all monotone, all the same. What's the fun in that? I like how some people stand out and are bright colors against the boring peice behind them. We ARE all different colors inside, so why not let it shine? =D