The Skinny | Teen Ink

The Skinny

December 29, 2009
By Rosly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Rosly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe


I love Music and I love dancing! But most of the things that follow new music is a new fashion trend, right? But one fashion trend that is causing a stir in the music industry and in the streets is the jerking movement and skinny jeans for guys. Now I favor the skinny jeans , in my opinion, because there cute and and look very clean, rather than baggy jeans. Artists like Jay-z who oppose of the fashion trend are left out from the rest of the music world unlike artist like Chris Brown, Kanye West, New Boyz, and Audio Push who support the movement . DOA a song that slams not just skinny jeans and jerking but auto-tune as well, but what I think Jay-z should have noticed before putting out the song was that his label mate Kanye West made a whole album this past year "808 & Heartbreak" only using auto-tune and he wears skinny jeans. Hmmm ..... maybe Jay-z should think about who he recommends to be on the same label as him before he puts a song out like Death Of Auto-Tune.


The author's comments:
What inspired me to do this piece was that I love music and I love dancing especially jerking. But to see artist slamming artist when the weirdness of it is, is that the person throwing the hits is not being hit back. So what Im trying to say in this article is that don't worry about what people are wearing or doing just do yourself because the more you hate a certain thing the more people are going to LOVE what you hate!