Alex Gaskarth: A New View | Teen Ink

Alex Gaskarth: A New View

January 19, 2011
By HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
21 articles 7 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)


So I am a huge fan of All Time Low. I'm not a little annoying fan girl, but just a fan. Anyways, I used to think that Alex Gaskarth was a "stay up all night partying only thinking about the next party, next concert, and whom to f*** next". Well I was completely wrong, and I apologies.

Alex Gaskarth is more then that. He is deep. He knows what love is, and how to incorperate in a song. For example, the song Remembering Sunday is about him making a mistake, his love leaving him, and him saying "I'm sorry. Please come back. I miss you like helll. I love you." when I thought it would be more like Stella where one of the lines is "you only like me when I'm wasted, I've f***ed you so many times lets face it, feels like you're falling in love when I'm falling through the bathroom floor." I know those aren't the right order of the lyrics, but you get my point.

And also, after hearing the song Lullibies, about his brother, Dan, who committed suicied, I really noticed the side of him that he tries so hard to hide from the press. The first line is "Make it a sweet sweet goodbye." and because of previous experiences (see I Miss Him) actually makes me cry sometimes.

So lesson learned, don't judge a person just by what they seem to be according to the press.

The author's comments:
After reading Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low's blog on Tumblr, I got a whole new view of him, other then the player party get-wasted 24/7 type. He is really deep, I like that.