the ideal father | Teen Ink

the ideal father

By abiel BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
abiel BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois

The ideal father

In life you will see different types of people and the different ways of teaching their child how to behave in public or to their own relatives. During this few days we have been reading the book "the kite runner" by Khaled Husseini tells about a rich family in Afghanistan, and how they treat each other.

A father isn’t a person who only thinks about himself and isn’t responsible to take care of their child. The ideal father is someone who loves you and cares about you. They have to spend time together and should show how to behave or interact with others.

A good father is someone who has in mind the best interest of the child. That includes the wellbeing of the child, physically, mentally, and socially. This is important because that show that the kid is health and the dad is taking care of him. Or even if he is mentally disable if he is happy and clean that show that he dad helps him with the things he need. A good father will provide a child with roof, clothing, love and education. They will want to see their kid successful in life and their future.

A good father is also someone who gives the good example to their child. If you say bad words then your kid will do the same. If you steal from other then he will do the same. Not doing these actions will help your kid think before doing it because he will think that if my father didn’t do it why I should do the same. In the book Hassan’s dad haven’t stole anything from the house and same for Hassan so he doesn’t do it because he know it’s wrong. Also they will want their kid to have a good education so they can have a better future. The dad will do everything possible to give these opportunities to their kid.

In my own opinion a good father will be someone who is there for you when you need him and spends time with you doing activities that involves the two persons. Sometimes my dad and I play baseball in the afternoon but only during the summer. In that time we play and talk, he always asks me how my day was, and how school was like always when he comes out of work but in this time we get to talk more and we have a good conversation. In the book the kite runner Amir doesn’t talk that much with his dad and also he dad doesn’t have the afflation to do it. Baba thinks Amir isn’t like him, someone who is born to win. They get along, and go out but, they don’t talk that much in the house because his dad is always talking with Rahim khan and doesn’t want Amir to be with them. By the middle of the book they start to get along with each other because he is getting successful in life and has do some things that help him gain the love of his dad.

From the book, other people’s definition and my opinion, all of then share similar things for example: we all agree that a good parent should be there when you needed, and also will help you in your problems. He will teach you the things to do and not the bad things so you can be successful in life. Also spends time with you talking about your day or playing some sport that you and your father enjoy.
In conclusion, the ideal father is someone who loves you and cares about you. They have to spend time together and should show how their own son should behave or interact with others. I learn that sometimes your father will show no interest in being with you but he does. At some point he will try to spend time with you.