The Not So Cliche Story | Teen Ink

The Not So Cliche Story

December 29, 2011
By SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
11 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Too err is human, to forgive is against company policy."


Reading about those sappy love stories about how the player jock is turned into a nice guy by the nerd, is extremely depressing. Why? Cause we sure as hell know it doesn't happen in real life. In real life, we don't really have the tiny little town where you have that one guy who bangs all the girls. That one guy that is for One Night Stands. We just don't, no matter how small our towns are. I should know, I'm from a small town! But, in those love stories, it can make our like feel terrible, cause we don't get to date and marry a vampire. We don't have the damsel in distress. We don't have it.

I'm sick of reading about how hard life is when the wicked pretty girl is exiled because she listens to music that no one likes. About how the 'nerd' is best friends with the jock. REALITY CHECK! The wicked pretty girl? In the 'Popular Crowd'. The nerd? Actually a person who is good in school and has faithful friends by herhis side. And the jock? The guy playing sports because he ACTUALLY likes playing, and not doing it so he can bang the Pep Squad.

Here, in REALITY we have NORMAL things! Like Art Club! And Chorus! And Band! And Drama! And PROBLEMS. No, not those stupid problems in book when the main character is concerned about what clothes to wear the next day, or where they are going on Spring Break. No, we have problems about friends wanting to commit suicide and how you hate yourself for not being able to live up ot people's expectations. How you are neglected and or abused at home. About you are bullied everyday. We have THOSE problems. not "What chick should I bang tonight?" or "OMG! Where is my iPhone!?". REAL problems that take tolls on us.

I'm going to bring those to light. A 15 year old sophomore who goes to Coventry High School. A girl named Samantha Lee Gobin. I'm going to tell you the TRUTH. The complete and utter truth. Dealing with school and everyday problems. I'm not going to bull you. Everyday, the complete and utter truth will be revealed about how you didn't do something important. I'm going to tell it. My way. No vampire's, werewolves and any other creatures included.