Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By Rania Mando BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
Rania Mando BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana

Rania Mando
Mrs. Jaunet
English V H Period 7
30 November 2008
Friends

Human interaction is necessary for our survival, and developing friendships are essential for our success in the world. Our first friends usually come when we start Kindergarten. We make friendships with different types of people, and as we get older we loose friends and gain friends. Friends can be classified by how well we know them and how well they know us. We come across these different types of people everyday, but never actually think about the category they belong to. There are three different types of friends in our society. We can usually recognize these types of friends as the loyal and true friends, the back-stabbers, and the obsessed.
The Loyal and True Friends

These are the type of friends that have been around for a long time. They have shown you true friendship and have never done anything to hurt you in any way. They are like family, or a pet, because they are faithful to you and truly love you. Loyal friends are there for you when you need them most and act out of the true kindness from their heart. They are not afraid to tell you anything personal because you can trust each other no matter what. “The loyals” are usually supportive of everything you do and look out for your best interest. They are not judgmental and do not try to change you. True friends do not forget you, because if they do, then they had better things to do. True friends are like angels who save you from a broken heart. These are true friends who give you advice and try to comfort you; even from far they bring comfort to you.
The Back-Stabbers

A person who betrays a friend, like when Brutus stabbed Caesar, maybe be called a “back-stabber”. Many people wish that this type did not exist. How peaceful would the world be if it were free of people who backstab each other? They tend to do vicious things behind a person’s back. Most people tend talk behind their friend’s back and degrade them. These acts of selfishness usually come out of jealousy. The jealous are the ones who usually are nice to a person at first, and then use them to make others hate them. They betray you behind your back and crush you up into pieces. Evil, jealous acts sometimes remind us of when Cain murdered Abel out of jealousy. We never really notice this category of people because they are one type of person while with us and another when we are not there. They are the ones who say to you, “Your hair looks great today” and then the minute you leave it’s, “Oh my God how hideous is her hair.” They smile in your face, but behind your back they want to take your place.

The Obsessed

These are those types of friends who just give you goosebumps. You can never really figure them out and they have a mysterious vibe to them. They are extremely nice to you, but you do not know why. They act as if they are your vassals. They do everything for you and wait at your hands and feet. They are the ones that usually have no other friends but you. “The obsessed” are very fond of you, but you do not share that mutual feeling with them. They call you every free minute they have and want to be with you all the time even if you are not interested. Sometimes obsessed friends are either just nice and enjoy your company, or other times we may think they are eerie.

According to Webster’s dictionary, the definition of a friend is someone who is “an intimate associate, reliable, one who is not an enemy or foe, an ally.” Based on this definition, we can assert that friends should not betray one another, regardless of the circumstance. This is true, if it is in the best interest of the friend. People do not often look at a friend and think about a category they belong to, they just describe their good and bad characteristics. People sometimes misinterpret someone and may not identify who their true persona is at first, but only later we can determine what type of people they are. “Everyone is a friend until they prove otherwise” (Albert Camus).

balachakra PLATINUM, Coimbatore, Other

people say that changes in life are acceptable...but whats true....
the changes are not acceptable but its adaptable

very true.......and very hard feelingssss

ABazza GOLD said...
ABazza GOLD, London, Other

'Keep Calm and Carry On'
'Don't worry, be happy'
'Life Goes On'
You Only Live Once'

very, very good