Lather, Rinse, and Repeat | Teen Ink

Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

By Bambi3226 SILVER, Grants, New Mexico
Bambi3226 SILVER, Grants, New Mexico

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong

Well, as mentioned before, I go to a youth group. Tonight, we were discussing a drama we were doing recently, in which pretty much everyone got mad at our instructer, and she got mad at all of us. Tonight, we talked about it, and the subject of forgiveness. Now that got me thinking, there is basically three steps in a relationship in which they have been fighting and/or arguing. I like to compare it to washing your hair. When it is dirty(as when you've had a fight), it needs to be washed. So, pour yourself a big glob of forgiveness, and start to lather it in until it is nice and foamy. This will get the other person thinking when you simply say "I'm sorry." Next, they(possibly)choose to forgive you, and all that foamy stuff(along with the grime) is rinsed out of your hair. . .Boom. Happy ending, right? Wrong. In every relationship, it's going to happen again. The 'repeat' step, you see, because no matter how well you get along with someone, you'll eventually get into a fight with them over something, stupid or otherwise.
Anyways, if you follow these three simple steps; lather, rinse, and repeat, then you'll lead a happy, healthy relationship with people. Or not. Either way, like the old saying goes, forgive and forget.

1COR13 PLATINUM, Anchor Point, Alaska

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimmi Hendrix

I like this because it basically hits the nail on the head. In almost every relationship there is going be some disagreeing but if both people are wiling to forgive and not focus on the negative things then they will have a happier and healthier relationship.