Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By eosberg SILVER, Grand Island, New York
eosberg SILVER, Grand Island, New York

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall." -Nelson Mandela

What is a friend? A friend is an everlasting companion, someone who will always be there for you, someone who comforts you in your worst, and someone who helps make your best the best. A friend is there for you no matter what. They have your back in any and every situation, they stand up for you when people are talking down about you, they brag about how much fun they have with you. A friend is not jealous, a friend is not resentful, a friend is not devious.

Your life is like a highway and your friends are the cars. Some enter and exit quickly, while others are driving on it forever, and even though some exit, they come right back on. Friends are lost and friends are gained. Friends are despicable and friends are admirable. Friends are happiness and friends are sorrow. Friends turn the most boring day into an adventure. Friends have the power to make you jubilant after hours of grief.

Friendship is easy to find, but true friendship is hidden. Some search and search, but they never seem to discover it. Some have it and they don’t even realize it. Some take it for granted.

Does a friend lie to you? Does a friend talk about you? Does a friend stop talking to you? People are human and humans make mistakes. But when is enough, enough? How many instances should be tolerated? One may never know and one may never live to find the answer.

Friendship is so complex. Friendship is funny, friendship is cool, friendship is time, friendship is satisfying, friendship is annoying, friendship is anger, but friendship is never hate.

eosberg SILVER said...
eosberg SILVER, Grand Island, New York

thank you :)

eyikka said...
eyikka, Pasay City, Other
cool. :) i love it.