Love your kind of love. | Teen Ink

Love your kind of love.

By NatalieB. GOLD, Loudon, Virginia
NatalieB. GOLD, Loudon, Virginia

Make your own lines, and color outside of them.

People must fight for marriage!!! Laws should not prohibit you from being with the one you love!!!! Now, I'm not screaming about anarchy, or to stop the government. But I can't believe that some one would do such a cruel and terrible thing. No law should keep you from being with the love of your life!!! This is just.....uh. This issue just........ discusts me. This is such a terrible and cruel thing to do to a person. And, believe it or not, most popular brand names support a company that helps gay people get closer and closer to solving this issue. Celebritys support it, fast-food resturants support it, there are even campaignes held to spread the word. I hope that this issue will be over soon. It's just a terrible thing to do to a person.......

Thank you for reading my opinion on the gay marriage issue. If you think that keeping someone from the one they love is wrong then please leave a comment. If you want to speak for this issue as well, write an opinion of your own. I want to know what other people think about this issue.

jimmy_a GOLD said...
jimmy_a GOLD, Sanford, North Carolina

Look for me, not with a flashlight but open your heart n free your soul n there my love i shall be

love is love im a straight male but i dnt c no problem if two dudes like each other or two girls just because they r the same sex they cant be in love? total bs

Victori_R SILVER, DeRidder, Louisiana

"we cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our efforts except for a memory of the smoke and the presumption that once our eyes watered" Thomas Stoppard

Love is love gay , lesbian , interracial; it's all the same.You can not help who you love and no law should keep you and your significant other apart.

AmnyR BRONZE said...
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the whole world. ~unknown

sorry, but i disagree. if you love someone of the same gender fine, i have no problem with you being with them, but marriage is a sacred bond between one MAN and one WOMAN.

patty said...
patty, Accra, Other

how u sell yourself to the world, is how they will buy u

i think it is very sweet of u to help spread the word. even though my religion forbids it, i still think only God shld be given the rite to separate lovers and not humans.

DreamGlider said...
life will always be unfair to some people. it all depends on how you look at it, and attitude is reflected by leadership.

DreamGlider said...
I'm not commenting on the point of this article because I have my own veiws on that. But the government has so little to do with this. the government is such a broad feild. there will always be those who are for and against it.  gay  marriages are already legal in two states. It is very likely that through the democratic power of this country  gay  marriage will spread.

JasmineHodges SILVER, Texarkana, Arkansas
I agree with you. I think same gender couples should be allowed to legally marry who they love. Its wrong that they cant. A marriage isnt only between a man and a women but could be betwwn two males or two females. support love. :D

TheFitfulFire BRONZE, Houma, Louisiana
As far as civil unions (marriages) go, I've no issue with that. Feel free to bind yourself to someone else! Just don't assault someone's religion because it does not allow for to people of the same gender to marry. It's called separation of Church and State.

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I am really sorry but i simply do not agree with you. i do think that people that love should be together, but marrige, to me is bettween a man and a woman. Period. (but i love your writing style)

MayaPapaya BRONZE, DuPont, Washington
I agree with you too. It doesn't matter who love. It's not hurting anyone. Instead of focusing on gay marriage they can do something that can help the world like, hunger? I don't get it. I dont think they do either.

Starlove1271 said...
i tottally agree with you.. People dont need to like the point that people are juss in love... But they must accept the point that that is how life is.. People find love and want to be with their true love through marrage.. I think the government should at least respect that..

Malia BRONZE said...
Malia BRONZE, Birmingham, Other
That is very true!
No one has the right to intervene. Life is unfair because people are unfair.
Gay people are accepted in most parts of the world then why aren't gay marriages legal yet?