What are Friends? | Teen Ink

What are Friends?

March 25, 2009
By RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
46 articles 1 photo 86 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Repeat the good and the bad. Do it all again. And pile on the years."


Do you have friends? Well everybody has friends because everyone has to have a sense that they belong somewhere. Everyone feels the need to feel belonged and that usually means belong to a certain group of people inside and outside of school. Friends come in all shapes, sizes, and species. A lot of people have canine friends also. Friends are very important in everyone’s lives because we have them throughout our entire lifetime. Friends are also very important because they help comfort you in hard times, they try as much as they can to understand you, and they always offer a smile.

Friends are important, first, because they help comfort you through hard times. I know this because when you are feeling bad about something or your parents are getting a divorce you can always trust that your friend will be there. They will go to the earth’s end to make sure you come out of it and that everything’s okay.

Second is they try so hard to understand you. They put a huge amount of effort into the relationship that they do understand you. A true friend knows you when something is wrong. They know when you are mad or sad or just plain happy. They understand the situations that you go through and try to comfort you.

And third is they always offer you a smile. When you’re feeling down they will try to get you to smile or they will offer their smile. I know from experience that that simple smile helps my day go so bright that I enjoy seeing it. Or if I had a bad day I look forward to seeing them smile because that helps me know that everything is getting better.

So friends are very important for three important reasons they help comfort you, they try as much as they can to understand you, and they always offer a smile. So no matter how tall, short, skinny, or fat, or even if they’re a dog they will always be there just for you.