Get Over It | Teen Ink

Get Over It

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

We all know that Michael Jackson died a couple weeks ago. I don't intend to offend Michael or his fans, but in my opinion we need to get over his death. Every channel I go to on TV it talks about him and it's been many weeks since his death. They're always saying, "Rest in peace Michael Jackson." and such. I respect Michael and his fans, but seriously...I think we all know now that we want michael to rest in peace and we hope he does.

I hope all you guys out there won't think i'm being rude or offensive! I just want to make a point! He's gone and he won't be coming back...

a-s-z BRONZE said...
a-s-z BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
i think michael jackson is way overrated. even though its been a year people are still obsessing over him. I wont deny that he was talented but there are way way better musicians out there.

on Jul. 18 2010 at 7:39 am
JustAnotherOwl SILVER, Unknown, New York

"See, we don't really care who you are;
Everyone is capable of looking up and wishing on a star.
So catch it, so contagious, this day-dreamer's disease,
And hope can be your sword, slaying darkness with belief."

"Sanctuary"- Paradise Fears

I completely agree! There has been too much talk about his death...and I get it, he was a legend, and I was a semi-fan too, but yeah. Wherever I go, people were always talking about it, so yeah, they needed to stop.

lol!!!!! said...
i agree with you

Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
i very much agree with you i i do love his music but yes we have gone a lil bit over bourd

A.Lopez BRONZE said...
A.Lopez BRONZE, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

"Don't let anybody tell you, you can't do something."

&

"The sky is the limit!"

Michael Jackson is a legend, some people still can't believe he died. People do talk alot about his death though. Im not really sure if i agree or disagree.

CaseyLeigh PLATINUM, Moraga, California

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

anyone that "committed suicide for michael jackson" already had major issues and probably would have offed themself for some other silly reason anyway, without michael's death.

hbeats4u2 SILVER, MPLS, Minnesota

My personal favorite quote would have to be; "Don't judge a book by its cover."

I believe that it is perfectly ok for people to still talk about Micheal Jackson. He was a LEGEND! He was the king of pop! I loved his songs and everything. If you have watched his "testimony" at the court, he is only guilty of being hot. He is and was hot. Sure, he did a few surgeries, but that is no reason to look down on someone. Dolly Parton is another example. A lot of people do wierd things, but who knows why!! So I say, who cares!!!

emmatheballerina GOLD, Tacoma, Washington

"It is not in our greatest glory in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall"
"I use to want the words "she tried" on my tombstone, now I want "she did it"

I agree. I love MJ and all his music, but come on. Lets be reasonable. He was just a man. It was ok the first couple of weeks, but after that, it was just too much.

Wow. I can't believe anyone commiting suicide because of it! Wow! I sure wouldn't do that! They must have loved him a lot....

Tybalt SILVER said...
Tybalt SILVER, Coral Springs, Florida
Yeah. A handfull of people commited suicide and stated that it was because of his death. R.I.P Michael Jackson. But not, for the last time I am shure...

T-anna SILVER said...
T-anna SILVER, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I think that yes, we do need to get over it but, no, he was one of the best artists and we cant let him or his music ever die. i mean i no but WOW! look how much most of us realized that we love his music (including me)!

iluvu! said...
It's ridiculous enough is enough

Yeah! I'm glad some one out there understands!

iluvu! said...
IKR! it's been exactly 3 months today!