The Bigger Picture | Teen Ink

The Bigger Picture

By yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
yazantinawi BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

“It's bigger than black and white.” Lil Baby is a rapper from Atlanta who blew up and is the center of attention in the media these two recent years. One of his most popular songs is The Bigger Picture. Lil Baby sends a deep message to the people with this song. The double-platinum record talks about the treatment black people receive and how police brutality towards people with colored skin is extremely cruel and unfair. Throughout the track one can hear the frustration Lil Baby expresses in the track. He speaks about how the police are not doing their job and due to their mistakes, an innocent black man died tragically. Goerge Floyd died on May 25, 2020, and it impacted millions of people in the United States of America. After this unfortunate death, people violently protested and spread the conflict all over social media. Lil Baby attended many of the peaceful Black Lives Matter protests and helped spread attention to this problem. The song became very popular with 2 million unit sales. Not only did Lil Baby add such deep messages in the song, but he also created many melodies that sound very pleasing. The Atlanta rapper also demonstrates other obstacles he has to go through as a black human being. He speaks about police brutality, COVID-19, race relations, a country divided, and more. I enjoyed this song as I believe Lil Baby fully executed this song with perfection. The flow was quite amazing and the lyrics that hold a deep message are very fascinating and original. Nowadays in the recent era of Rap, artists like to talk about the same things in most songs and it is all about the beat and how their voice sounds. It is very cool to see a rapper talk about the problems that are happening in the world and how we as a community need to come together to help find a solution to this conflict. “The Bigger Picture” by rapper Lil Baby will be receiving a 10/10 due to its lyrics and intense and adequate flow. 

SOL_TO_THE_MOON_1K_SOON_WE_RICH BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
George Floyd is spelled wrong!! Please fix

LLLLLL