Please Say No To Drugs! | Teen Ink

Please Say No To Drugs!

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

beeftown BRONZE, Oxford, Pennsylvania

“Just because you’re an atheist, that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t love for things to have reasons for why they are.”-Jonathan Safran Foer

While I don't fully agree with your stance on this subject, your article was well written. Just one suggestion, however, if you ever plan on revising this: Include some statistics. Yes, you are getting your point across, but TELL me how many teenagers overdosed last year, don't just tell me that some have. Providing accurate information really hits things like this home.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I loved your poem! Thank you and God bless!

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

I love what you're trying to do, and I'm right there with you! Wonderful piece. Keep it up (I mean it, the world needs more people like you who are willing to make a difference.) I don't know if you'd be interested but my poem goes hand in hand with this I think. If you could take a look that be wonderful I'd like to hear your opinion but if you can't don't sweat it. Once again, great, great job on this piece.

God bless,

...,

Joaquin said...
this article is not about drugs or teenagers, its about YOUR religion and what YOUR god commands you to do.<br />
why do you try to impose YOUR moral rules on others? who are you to say what's bad or wrong and what isn't? why should people live by the rules your parents imposed on you, and your parents' parents imposed on them, and so on?<br />
tobacco and alcohol are as addictive and destructive as cocaine, and yet they're legal, and like half the planet do them EVERY day<br />
people like you are the reason why after more than 5000 years of history, intolerance, discrimination and racism still exist

Yeah. Its nice to know that there are others out there who aren't afraid to voice their beliefs.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

yeah. sometimes it seems like we are nearly alone, but then we start to see how many of us are out there and it is comforting 2 know how many teens love Jesus .

5th & 6th graders? Wow. I didn't even know what weed was when I was in 5th grade...

Awesome! Thanks for replying! It really makes me happy when I become aware of another Christian who isn't afraid to voice their beliefs. :-)

Mandii. BRONZE said...
Mandii. BRONZE, Hyde Park, Vermont
i agree, everyone teenager or not, should say no to drugs, i hear kids in the 5th and 6th grade talking about weed on the bus, its's sad. Your just ruining a very good life that you could have, by not doing drugs.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

Thanks 4 your comment! I LOVE your username!!!! I DO TOO! :)

This is so true. I think the real problem is peer pressure and ignorance. It's like, "Oh, I won't get addicted." or, "It's just one time!" But they don't have all the facts. We need to spread the word. Too many people are addicted.

John21 said...
I agree with this piece because teens do have the power to say no to drugs of any kind. And the peer pressure thing? You just have to think if it might affect your life or not.

Zoeybird96 said...
Anytime. People will always be with you. In person and spirt

Zoeybird96

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

Thanks abunch for doing your part! I'll do my best to spread the word and I am glad to know that I have people with me. :)

Zoeybird96 said...
i guess but i am just doing what any friend would do for their friend. Keep writing and you will get your point across to the world!!!!!!

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

That's great! It appears you have already begun to make a difference! God bless! :)

Zoeybird96 said...
Omg that is so true. I love how you used that kids o.d. every year. i almost lost one of my friends this year cause she o.d. but i called her mom and told her and she was rushed to the hospital and her mom thanked me for a month after that cause i had saved her daughters life.