The Judge | Teen Ink

The Judge

By MashaBoom SILVER, Mooresville, North Carolina
MashaBoom SILVER, Mooresville, North Carolina

"If it makes you happy, do it. If it doesn't, then don't."

I feel like I have a very unique mind. I think differently than everybody else. For example when other see trees out the window in the car, I see a ballet; I see figures with their arms up high and legs extended. You see a color pattern on butterfly wings, I see eyes staring at me. The colors are inviting and warm, but the face is menacing and frightful. I’m like this with people also. Where you see somebody who may look threatening, I see someone who needs to be given a chance. A chance to show everybody what kind of person they really are. You can’t irritate me more than commenting on somebody in a negative way when you don’t know that person. I see the good in others, even when they burn all their bridges. Even when I have so many reasons not to trust them, I do anyway because I feel like maybe, just maybe, they’ll prove every doubtful person wrong.

I was looking out the window of the car today and I realized I look at things differently than others. Sometimes it can be a beautiful thing, but other times I hate it.