World Police | Teen Ink

World Police

By Aspire_2.0 SILVER, Tirana, Other
Aspire_2.0 SILVER, Tirana, Other

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” (Charles Dickens.)

“Non nobis solum nati sumus.” (Not for ourselves alone are we born.) The U.S. make it their duty to help countries in need, the “big guys” with more power, help the “little guys” who could use some military power.

There are U.S. military troops in 150 countries, they take care of the innocent people and make sure that corrupt governments don’t do harm to citizens. There are people who appreciate this generosity, and there are others who believe that the U.S. should just mind their own business and stay out of other civil problems. I think that the U.S. should indeed act as a police to other countries simply because many places can't take care of their own problems, and the U.S. saves lives and makes allies.

Some may accuse the U.S. of getting involved with them so they can benefit from “treasures” that they would acquire from helping. Other countries with good access to natural resource don't want the U.S. to step in, but what they don’t understand is without the aid of the U.S. troops, they would be put down and mistreated by a corrupt government or military take over. People need to stop thinking about this as a chance for the U.S. to get power, and more because they want world peace.

Without a world police, chaos would break out because no one has reliable control over what happens. If everyone did whatever they wanted without consequence and supervision, the world would turn into an elementary school. Like China for example, they have recently started to ignore maritime laws for international waters and are not taking verbal warnings from the U.S. which means eventually the world police will have to act, not only for themselves but for countries like the Philippines that don't have as strong as a military force as China.

Russia, U.S, China, India, South Korea; these are some of the world’s largest and most powerful armies. All these countries have some sort of government issue which would get in the way of them becoming the world leaders. The U.S. is “civilized” and prefers verbal discussions over anything, they are powerful and help everyone, not only their allies. China would help other communist governments, Russia has trade agreements with North Korea, and India is a federal state but too out of hand, they need to run their own country before the world.

Most that are against the U.S. becoming our world police have two fears. Either the U.S. is doing it simply for more power, and the second fear is they don’t have the maturity themselves to take on such a burden. It may be true that the U.S. gets power, but this is not their focus. If you help someone who was being beaten, would you expect money from him when he gets up? No. You did it because it was the right thing, and you helped someone else who was in need of that help.

This is a position paper so it is my opinion.