Just Another Historic Event? | Teen Ink

Just Another Historic Event?

On November 4,2008 need I remind everyone an extremely important event took place. It was bigger than me and bigger than anyone else out there. voters elected Barack Hussein Obama as our next president of the United States of America. Barack is a black man. A black man who is a inspirational person. One whom has brought together many people of race, gender, and religion. When was the last election that so many young people participated in the vote? The last election that businesses and companies gave out free stuff to people who took the time out to vote? The last election a woman of one hundred and six years old stood in line to vote? You tell me. There wasn't one. Barack is a man of change adn I am glad that I lived to the day when the first black man would be elected as president. Many people don't know the full significance of November Fourth. Yet, so many have died and fought for blacks just to get the right to vote. Now we have come thus far and a black is president. Everyone should stop and think about the great day and how this election stood out from every other one. All the tears that were shed and blood that was splattered gracefully onto the grounds we now live on and call home. Just take a moment to remember those who went through various hard ships and are now dead. Ones who are looking at us from above with hope and happiness in their souls. This is now the face of America the Beautiful and land of the free.

on Jul. 12 2014 at 1:16 am
Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

Yeah, now if only he could govern. That would be great.   Also, hate to be that guy, but Obama’s technically biracial.

Pete 6 said...
Great Writing, but its not correct to determine a presidents success based on his race.