The United States Problems | Teen Ink

The United States Problems

January 8, 2014
By LaRon A BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
LaRon A BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever wonder why the United States of America is always at war. The United States of America is always at war because we are trying to help other other countries with their problems, we want to gain power, and we want the other countries resources.

The first reason why the United States of America is always at war is because we are always trying to help other countries. With that happening other countries will be mad that we are trying to help their countries with their problems, they think they can do it themselves. For example when we tried to help Syria with their problems, the Middle East, mainly Syria were mad about it. They probably bomb Syria for a reason, so why should we go and help them, if we do we might get bomb also. I believe that 911 happened because we were being interventionist and was all in the Middle East business. We are more worried about other countries and not our own countries problems, such as the killing happening in Chicago. We were also interventionist when we got in World War I, that was really a European war so we should not have been in that war. We lost a lot of men in that war and that could have been prevented if we did not mess with the Europeans.

The second reason why the United States of America is always at war is because we want to gain power. We go to war because we want that that state or country to be ours, if we want it we will take this by force. For example the Spanish-American War, we took Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and the bottom half of California from the Spanish by force with the war. We won and those states are now ours. We also go to war because we want to be be the ruler like King George ruled the colonies. Basically the United States of America are also imperialist meaning we are bullies. With us ruling them we can get other things like food and resources leading to my third reason.

The final reason why the United States of America is always at war is because we want their resources. With those resources we can trade those resources to get better ones or for money.
In conclusion I understand that war is bad and all and it can cause debt but that is the only way the U.S.A can solve their problems. I believe we should stay neutral and just be isolationist.


The author's comments:
What inspired me to write this piece is that I love my country and can't stand when we have to go to war and lose men. I wrote why we are always going to war.