Willie Lynch | Teen Ink

Willie Lynch

March 30, 2013
By DarkAngel101 GOLD, Birmingham, Alabama
DarkAngel101 GOLD, Birmingham, Alabama
13 articles 2 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't count your tears, they mean only sorrow. But count the ones you hold back, which are your strength that makes you stronger."


In 1712 William Lynch made a letter of how to break down Negros/blacks and how to make a slave. Although William Lynch wrote the Willie lynch Letter in 1712, us as blacks/Negros still follow the letter without knowing. First, William said if they follow those steps properly it would last 300 years. Secondly, it said if they follow the steps we would turn on each other and soon would want to kill each other off. Lastly, he wrote how to get us in line, hanging/lynching was one way and it soon came to be replaced with death row.
First, William said if they follow those steps properly it would last 300 years. It is 2012 and the letter was made in 1712. It has been 300 years and us as blacks have proven him right. There are more blacks on black crimes then white on white and black on white. The letter was made to tear us apart and that is what it has done.
Secondly, it said if they follow the steps we would turn on each other and soon would want to kill each other off. We have turned against each other as brothers, sisters, friends, and family. Willie said if they follow the steps we would tell if one steals something they need or if we have plans to run away. To get this to happen they made us feel better than the rest which makes others jealous and rage with hate to kill one another. We soon began to turn on each other and kill each other off.
Lastly, he wrote how to get us in line, hanging/lynching was one way and it soon came to be replaced with death row. States that sentence the most criminals to death also tend to be the states that had the most lynching in the past, a new study suggests. Researchers found that the number of death sentences for all criminals – Black and white – was higher in states with a history of lynching, but the link was even stronger when only Black Death sentences were analyzed. The results may be shocking to many people, but they aren't surprising to sociologists, who study the racial aspects of the death penalty, said David Jacobs, co-author of the study and professor of sociology at Ohio State University.
Although William Lynch wrote the Willie lynch Letter in 1712, us as blacks/Negros still follow the letter without knowing. We have broken each other down by following William Lynch and we as blacks do not know. We as blacks are sending ourselves back to where we started. In so many ways we can prevent this and it is all in how long it takes us to see. This is my essay about the Willie lynch letter.


The author's comments:
I had to write this in class and my teacher loved it.