Book Review | Teen Ink

Book Review

February 24, 2022
By AlexisCK SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
AlexisCK SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As a teenager who always reads horror or romance novels, I wouldn’t ever expect myself to go to the store and leave with a self wellness book. But going into Target and leaving with Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King was one of my best “out of my comfort zone” decisions. Going into the book though, I wasn’t so sure of this, I was skeptical that it would just be some pages filled with cheesy quotes mixed with the telling of the author's life. Yet, I was proven wrong within the first chapter, as Vex really focuses more on teaching what he’s learned to reach where he is, than all about the events that led him to learn these techniques. He opens up on how you can better yourself, your relationships, letting people go, the relationship between you and your body and mind, along with many other self reflecting topics. But of course he does add in a good ratio of quotes to life experiences to provide examples for his readers to better visualize the technique’s upbringing. One of my favorite quotes he used was “You can’t change those who aren’t ready to change.” As well as his experiences used aren’t all based on the same issue, he gives a variety of different situations experienced so as a reader you have more of a chance to connect.

His organization of the book is also really compelling and easy to follow. He splits the pages into major parts but smaller chapters on specific topics within each. So, if you’re wanting to focus more on a specific topic or teaching, you can better find what you’re looking for. It lastly allows you to better follow along with the book rather than jumping around and being all compiled together like a classic novel. So if you’re looking for something different, and want to create possible change in your life I recommend not only giving Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King a try, but any possible novel outside your comfort zone.


The author's comments:

It's a quick review on a rising book, Good Vibes Good Life by Vex King.