Emotions | Teen Ink

Emotions MAG

What would the world be like without the simple joys of life? If there were no smiles, no laughter, no happiness, no guilt, shame, or love. If we had no emotions at all, our existence would be meaningless. We would be cold and dry. There would be no care for our existence. We would be empty, and there would be no reason for doing anything. You wouldn't enjoy music, because there would be no harmony. You wouldn't enjoy the company of your friends because you couldn't share laughter. Without guilt or shame we could not correct our wrongs, but most importantly you couldn't enjoy the caring and love of your family.

Your life, your experiences, and the people in them are what makes your life meaningful. If you never give a smile, your life is sad. If you never share laughter, you are lonely. If you never experience love, you are lost. So give a smile and "enrich those who receive it without impoverishing those who give it. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever." Share laughter because without it "we slowly disintegrate, pine away, and die." Experience love and find yourself. ?

dragonbiscuits SILVER, Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You cannot acheive peace with violence" -several people

Short, but to the point, and very true. It would be awesome to see longer, more detailed work from you, I liked this a lot.