Who Will Run? | Teen Ink

Who Will Run? MAG

I feel that it is sad that there are not other candidates who are running and are eligible besides Bush. I also feel that the majority of the people in the United States feel they could be doing a better job than the president is. So why aren't they running? First off, politics have become a war of those who have the most money. Secondly, nobody wants the job. Consider what you have to do when you become president. Consider the amount of stress you have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. Also, consider the bad press you receive for everything you do. Consider having to be on "Saturday Night Live" almost every week as the butt of its jokes. Also having to deal with Arsenio, Letterman and Leno every night. It's a job where, if you get sick, it's on national television, and there is always somebody who is unhappy with you.

Even in his prime, Bush had a good percentage of the people unhappy with him. Even if his approval rating is 90 percent, there are 10 percent of 200 million people who don't like what he is doing.

So, keep up your pride, America, even though we can't find anybody who is willing to lead us in the manner that the American people want to be led. n