ravens desire | Teen Ink

ravens desire

By alastor, Monroe, Wisconsin
alastor, Monroe, Wisconsin

Author's note:

one thing about this piece is that it reflects my interest in writing about love and about demons

the meeting part of raven and charlie

I woke up on a soft cot-like bed. My tongue felt like sandpaper and I tried to sit up but I felt someone push me down and whisper “relax he will see you soon” I tried to struggle but I felt sleep dragging me down into the abyss of darkness.

It felt like five hours had passed and I sat up I heard no sound and I saw no one I got up trying to see if I could find a window or a door and I saw the room I was in was made of four black as night walls and window with red sunny like rays shining weakly in the middle of the room. I heard a click and a tall man walked in. he smiled and I swear his teeth were pointed and emitted a faint glow in a silky but menacing voice he said “oh you're awake how good I hope you don't mind the sudden change” he laughed as I balled my fists and sat there. Looking like a little child. I backed away as he stepped into the light. And as I looked at him I noticed black riding boots, red pants, and a striped black and red suit with red and black hair along with chilling black eyes with a hint of red. 

I backed up and hit the wall. I felt my heart beat faster as fear took over my body. He slowly walked up to me he smiled as he ran his finger down my face “don't worry I won't kill you yet” he muttered as he smiled once more and walked back with a swish of his hand the door slammed shut and locked once more I sank onto the ground and wept softly. After what felt like forever finally I got up steeling myself backed up and ran towards the door at the last second it swung up and before I could stop I ran right into my kidnapper I felt as if I had a bull rammed me in the gut I saw stars as I heard his voice say ”did you miss me already” I backed away looking around frantically as he sat there smiling with his pointed teeth I made a plan in my head to distract him. 

All of a sudden I blurted out “what's your name?” he looked stunned for a split second then he said “great question, I am called a raven or the slayer of angels.'' He smiled “Now my dear, what is your name?” I went rigid as he asked this. For what felt like forever I said nothing but then he moved towards me and murmured “such pretty golden hair and your blue eyes'' my only response was to squirm away from him but some force held me there, finally, he backed off as he turned on his heel he said “sweet dreams my sweet charlie'' as I collapsed in a deep and dreamless sleep. I woke up somewhat groggily and I saw there was a tray with a glass of water and a piece of cheese and stale bread I wolfed down the food and went back to the corner in the wall as I heard voices coming from what sounded like a hall all the sudden the door clicked and the door swung open as raven and a new boy walked in I got up and gave them a cold glare the new boy laughed and said “so it's still alive” as raven stepped forward and put a hand on the boy he smiled down at me as he said “meet your new guard charlie I hope you two get along nicely” I stood there as he left with the new boy standing there not moving at all I walked back to my cot and sat down noticing that he still had not moved I layed down to close my eyes as I felt sleep drag me down. I woke to see a face over me. I tried to move but it felt like some force was holding me there. I could not do anything, not even scream for help. 

there are no true chapters but this is about 5 pages long

He finally backed off and I scrambled to get away from him but I stopped short when he was making no move to come near me. I wondered if he was a robot but then he looked at me and simply said “so you've finally awoken raven came and told me to keep you here and to answer only three questions'' I sat there as raven walked in I tried to have a menacing voice when I said “oh look what the cat dragged in you look like a walking dead man” but it came out as a whisper then a voice he smiled and turned to the guard or in my eyes the king of dorks and Whispered somethings and he nodded turning to me his eyes were filled with lust and I sat there glaring at him. Raven turned to me and said “oh i don't think i told you by the way your in hell so better watch what you say there's demons everywhere looking to catch a glimpse at you” With that he left and the boy sat there i thought maybe i could walk around so i start towards the door and he is there faster than i can see as he is sitting there with himby the door i sit there and glare at him and all he does is smirk as he said “i am sorry did you think you could just walk out i would hope you would want to sit there with me for a bit as i do get lonely without raven here it's been no fun”as he spoke raven walked in and i threw myself at his feet begging him to let me out of here to return me to my normal live and he just laughed as i beged him finally i stoped and got up i backed up a few feet and i crouched into a running pose and i kicked off as i felt a swish of air i was all the sudden in the air for a moment thought i was saved untill i seen the black wings i screamed and thrashed around as he would not let me go. I heard him Whisper one word and I suddenly felt sleep dragging me down into its inky blackness.

Raven watched her as she hung limply in his arms he noted the golden hair and blue eyes he thought to himself how pretty her small body was as he laid her gently on the cot bed he turned to the guard and told him to leave and to close the door behind him as the guard left he sat there watching charlie waiting for the spell to wear off he stretched his blacker than night wings as he folded them once more he saw charlie move around in her sleep and stretch her arms he noticed how her hair fell around the pillow she woke up and rubbed her eyes and yawned once more and turned and screamed as she saw raven sitting there. She scooted back into the corner of her bed and sat there as raven watched her he furrowed his brow and as she wrapped her blanket tighter around her as she shivered he asked in a kinder voice” are you cold if you are I could warm you up” she nodded but stayed put and scooted to the other end of her bed as raven walked over to her and held her to his chest as she slowly drifted back to sleep he held her still as she slept he unfolded his wing and beat them softly as he opened the door to fly out of as he did he spotted the guarded calling to him he told him “ take her and don't let anyone come near her you do and I will kill you myself” the guard shook his head and gently took the girl as she started to stir but raven was gone.

I woke up not knowing where I was looking up I saw the guard the first thing I did was punch him or try to but the guard caught my fist and said'' now that is not a warm welcome raven told me not to let any harm come to you” at that I smiled “oh is that true If he said that did he say that you could put me down” I told him as raven came walking in he dropped me not too gently as he bowed for raven I dusted myself off and glared at him “great you're awake now come” he said this in a not too nice of a voice but I followed him after I turned the corner I punched him and he did not move to block it he let me hit him straight in the face and raised his eyebrows. “Are you done letting your anger out let if not I could get you a punching bag with my face on it he said rather mockingly I sat there and glared at him as I replied in a mock voice “oh you would do that for me I feel so flustered I swear you boys are dumber than a box of rocks'' as I stalked off he just sat there? After taking two more turns I was lost and I saw a bench not trusting my legs to hold me up I sat down and felt a swish of air as I was suddenly in the air again I thrashed around trying to see who was holding me but then I was the black wings and I sighed as he spoke I suddenly went rigid “sorry I am not your raven” at that raven came running in.

I screamed and thrashed once more trying to get out of his grasp before raven balled us both I kicked once more and fell to he ground I got up and started to run before I had more people chasing me I turned my head to see two pairs of black wings as they crirled in the air I caught a glimer of a face with blacker then pich eyes and a face with a stone set to face as they fought in a deadly battle it was mesmerizing to watch but i felt a sudden coldness as I watched the back as night eyed man unseath a sword I suddnly felt my legs moving torwards the two battleing hoping to stop them well it did the trick they stoped as I entered their tight cricle dusting my self off i yelled at them both “if you dont stop this noncense I will go and run my happy arse to the mortal world once more got that” at that turned on my heel and started running I sunnly heard them both yell “no stop her” now as I heard a Whisper and I collpased in a heap as I fell asleep once more my last thought was that i was going to get a bag of salt or charms.

Raven looked at charlie as she lay there not moving he turn and swung his fist at the other demon which happened to be his brother dodged the blow and said sarcastically “ oh did I touch your little toy my fault I hope it's not broken yet” as he folded his wings raven started towards charlie as his brother opened his wings once more with a snap he lifted off and flew straight after her raven opened his wings to get here faster and he was about 2 feet ahead he had to get her first he swooped down to grab here as his brother Zach swooped down as well he saw chareil stirring as the spell wore off she sat up as he grabbed her.

I never felt him pick me up but i did see the other demon gaining on us but i was way to foused on the fact that raven was carrying her and she sunndly reamabered every thing and punched him in the face once more this time he smiled and said “ great your awake and well now mind not punching me as i am trying to help you” i looked at him and sighed as his black eyes looked at me it felt like if i looked any looker i would get lost in his eyes sunnly he droped me and flew higher and the other one was headed straight for me i stood my place as he came at me i glared at him and balled my fist and swung right at him hitting his jaw i heard a creak and he sundly fell flat on his face i couldnt help but laghing as he sat there holding his jaw all he siad was “did you break my jaw if you did i swear i will hunt you to the ends of the earth and then kill you” i sat there and raised my eye brows and walked away as raven landed right there he started walking towards me and i sat there confesed as he came and stoped inches fom my face he looked at me cooly as he leaned in and kissed me on the lips softly as he pulled away i noticed i was holding my breath i sundly hread him whisper that one word as i collapsed into a deep sleep

Raven looked down had what he had done but he told himself that he was helping her and that charlie and he could live happily after he was king but first he would have to get her to a safe place after racking his brain he had thought of the perfect person, ares he grimaced at the thought of that demon with her but he had no other choice he unfurled his wings with a soft snap and lifted of into the red haze that floated above hell like a lazy stream flowed he flew higher and higher to get a clear view as he saw the bone casale he knew he had found the right place as he approaches he had one thought charlie wake up now before he gets you in there at the moment she started to stir.

I woke up to see raven and I saw the bones and I screamed I thrashed but raven had an iron grip I yelled “let me go'' but he just sat there not even caring that I was about to die or to be made in the walls of bones below me, at last, he spoke “it's ok he will protect you I promise ares is ok'' at the name aries I stopped and turn to look fully at him “you're giving me to a demon of war” I screamed he just sighed as he landed a cloud of red haze billowed around us as it cleared the massive doors opened and a tall man walked out his eyes scanned us. I swear he was looking at me a little too long but as he spoke I froze on the spot “raven why do you come to my home with a mortal on my doorstep and a stern face” he laughed as I flinched raven put his hand at the small of my back and walked forward I tried to stay put but his hand gently pushed me forward he whispered in my ear “I will be back soon aries will keep you safe but no matter what don't make any deals with him or eat nor drink anything he offers ok” at that aries walked out entirely and looked at raven I looked between both of them feeling like a small kid beside them. Raven looked at ares as he said “I trust you will keep her safe’’ he flicked his gaze to me before speaking again and that she will feel welcome” at that she heard him whisper that one word and as she drifted to sleep she heard the words “she is to be my queen” as rest dragged her down. I awoke to feel a vast sheet draped over myself and in a gown of some sort. I scanned the room to see ares lounging on a chair near the bed I sat up and ares spoke “oh great you're awake I was starting to think I would have to shake you awake” he said in an airy voice in a flash I was up and out of the vast bed and I was yanking at the door trying to get out as ares walked over and put his hand on my shoulder I lashed out punching him and kicking him in the gut and face how badly I wanted to have raven back but he sat there a smirk on his lips as he spoke “oh come on now I thought raven had said you're a nice mortal” he said this in a purr as he flicked his hand and sent me flying towards the other wall I slid down and gasping for air as stars danced in my vision. Ares laughed as raven walked in got up and dusted off I glared at raven as I told him “great was your party or whatever fun” as I said this I saw aries out of the corner of my eye with his face screwed up I spun on my heel and punched him and for good measure kicked him in his gut. And walked towards raven.

with a cold glare permanently on my face raven raised his eyebrows as I spun once more to be at his side. Raven started to laugh as he looked at aries with death in his eyes he spoke with a menacing voice “if you ever touch her like that I will have you killed” at that he smiled at aries and kissed me gently as he spread his wings he looked once more at me as he said “ be fearless my queen” at that he shot up and into the red sky I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinch as hades spoke in a kinder tone “ come now my dear sit down you look worried” I let him glide me to a chair and he handed me a cup of hot tea sunny I remembered what raven had said to me “don't eat nor drink anything he offers you” I tried to smile gratefully as I looked into his eyes I suddenly felt a searing pain in my head then i heard a voice that sounded like raven it simply said “charlie stay in that home with aries as long as you don't eat or drink I will keep you safe” at that, I collapsed as my head hit the ground I felt a pair of arms encircle me as he heard a calming voice “sleep now my dear your safe” part of me did not want to and part of me did I leaned into the part that did not want to listen but I felt a swish of air as the second pair of arms encircled my body as sleep dragged me down I heard a new voice “is she asleep yet if yes then we can't let raven know she is gone” as I fell into the inky blackness of sleep.

Raven walked into aries home he stood tall and regal with a sword he knew the minute he walked in there charlie was gone at that he snapped open his wings and flew straight into aries he landed and griped the swords hilt in a iron grip as hades landed as well at that movement he swung not cared if he killed him or not at that aries drew his sword and shared blows with him as they engaged it looked like a deadly dance of the two blades at that raven swung his blade and but it up to aries neck he heard aries’s blade drop as the metal clanged against the floor he spoke “where is she i will not let you kill her not like the last one i thought i could trust you with” at that aries just laughed raven pushed the blade deeper into his skin as bead of black blood welled up from the blade’s tip at that aries smiled and said “somewhere far away in hell” at that raven slit aries throat after that he swiped his blade clean and sheathed it he unfurled his wings as he lifted off he vowed he would find his queen.

I felt the cold air on my face and heard the beating of wings I looked down and nearly screamed there was a huge stone house there towering in the red haze I turn my head to see zack, ravens brother carrying me I screamed and tried to move but when he spoke I froze “now there I would not move too much I could drop you then raven would only get a dead body than his queen” at that he laughed and landed as he dropped me I turned and ran I heard his wings lift off but I could not see him sundly I felt him on me as he pinned me I felt two other demons half lift and half drag me into a stone house they opened the door to reveal a well-furnished room as they threw me in. Zack walked in behind him I looked around to try to find a weapon of some sort I saw a broom leaning in the corner i reached to grab it and swung at zack as i did he ducked and laughed “now is that what you would do with my brother” at this i swung again and grited out “raven has my trust you son of a motherless gun” at that my broom hit him upside the head and he lunged at me pinning me against the wall i sunnly heard him say a word under his breath and i was frozen in place at that zack leaned in and kissed me first it was a light kiss but then he deeped his kisses as he dragged his hands down my body i heard a big bang and the door busted down and a tall regel looking man outlined in the light form the door zack wiped around and the spell was lost i crumpled to the ground as zack bowed deeply and murrmuered “my king” the tall man nodded his head and zack got up from his bow and moved closer to me i stood up and grabbed the broom once more the strange man laughed and said “a fighter i like that now let us be alone” he mosined to the door and zack grim face walked out i tried to run out towards him but the man grabbed my shoulder and yanked me back slamming me in to a chair non to comfy ethier he sat down on the other chair matching mine and stared at me i finally found my voice and looked at him saying “who in hell are you” at this he raised his eye brows and laughed saying “it speaks i was thinking i was going to have to threaten you to speak” he snapped his fingers and a cocktail appeared in his hand he took a small sip and finally spoke “and to anwer your question i am called lusafier or the king of demons and your raven is my boy the prince of demons he wanted you as his queen so evermost i must kill you now” at this zack walked in and stood behind lufafer as he rose zack sunndly froze because there in the door way was raven at that monument lufafier lunged at me grabbing me by my shirt and a blade appeared in his other hand he dropped me and put his blade around my neck i heard raven shout “father you kill her you will be killed as well".Lucifer pushed the blade harder against my neck and I started to black out as I slumped against lucifer as he smiled with venom dripping in his voice he said “oh son looks like your toy is going to need fixing I hope you know how to sew heads back” at this he cut deeper and blood started to run down the blade and I lost it I raised my leg and kicked him in the gut he doubled over dropping the blade I fell with him blacking out. 

this is the end of the book so far

Raven watched this seeing his queen he picked her up and plunged the sword into his fathers heart at this he turned to his own brother who was cowering in the coner he gave him a long hard look as his brother as his brother sunk down in deep bow he turned away flapping his wing once more he looked down to chariel as her breath swallowed he sent up a silent plea that she would live at this i tucked into a dive as his formal fathers home came into view the doors opened and they bowed in respect to him as the new king he raced in to his old room calling for a doctor he gently layed chareil on his vast bed as the sheet turned a deep scarlet red the doctor burst in telling raven to leave raven walked to the other side and sat there watching as the doctor sewed chareiles cut carrafily and cleaned up her other wounds he looked at raven with a straight face as he said she will live but she must not move no matter what i think we sould sadat her but it's up to you my king at this he looked down at chariels face screwed up in pain as her eyes fluttered open he waved the doctor off and smiled down over chareil.

I woke up to see raven smiling down on me with his red and black hair falling around his face at this I feel his hand on my chest telling me to not move he walks over to the other side and lays with me with his arm around my body he reaches over and tucks a stay hair behind my ear I feel an old numbness at my neck and I touch it feeling string there I widened my eyes as the last 24 hours flood though my mind I scream and try to sit up raven holds me down telling me its ok as he whispers that word and blackness come around me as I drift to sleep.