That one Guy. . . | Teen Ink

That one Guy. . .

By lovelyhorse PLATINUM, Redmond, Oregon
lovelyhorse PLATINUM, Redmond, Oregon

It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
-Unknown Author

Summary:

A boy who had known only peacefulness and safety in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan, was thrusted without grace or inclination, into a world full of death and pain, a place void of any of the love and warmth he had grown up in.
He deals with every small thing that is thrown at him with strength and courage, and fights for his life almost daily, with friends by his side, who may not be there the next day.
Throughout all of this, he falls in love with a girl from his hometown, his sister's best friend, who began writing to him about a year into his enlistment. This growing attraction between the two, may be the only thing that keeps him alive in the years to come.

Angela G.

That one Guy. . .

lovelyhorse PLATINUM, Redmond, Oregon

-Unknown Author

okay, thank you. I think I might've portrayed that sentence wrong... I've never been to Detroit, so I'm not positive about what it's like there, but when I was talking about peacefulness and safety I meant more like his home life, with his brothers and sisters and parents.

Anyway, I read your novel SuperNOVA and I really liked it, you're a great writer.

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

This is a cool novel, but let me say that Detroit is NOT peacefulnesss and safety. It's much closer to the world of death and pain he flees to.

Detroit is a dangerous place that is neglected by most of America--it's not a happy go lucky peaceful place.

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA in the novel's section.