Disneyland | Teen Ink

Disneyland

By Gretel BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
Gretel BRONZE, El Paso, Texas

Have you ever been in to Disneyland? It really is the most amazing place on earth. I want to share my experience that my family and I had on our family trip to Disneyland.

The Disneyland Park opens at 8 am and closes around 12pm. You can see a lot of people from different countries: Chinese, Japanese, Canadians, and Mexicans etc. When enter the park you can see the face of Mickey but made with flowers and behind him, is the train station. That train station has trains which can take you to every single theme park around Disneyland. Even though it is not a holiday or a special day Disney always has people.
The Disney theme for this time of year is Halloween. It has some horror attractions with a new attraction: A Nightmare Before Christmas. Some Disney characters are dressed with Halloween clothes. For example, Goofy is dressing like a skeleton. The stores and other little car stores now sell decorated Halloween ear headsets.

As you enter the theme park, you get a brochure which includes a map with all their attractions and theme parks, and the restaurants. The theme parks are: Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Mickey´s Toontown and Tomorrowland. For every attraction there is about a 45minute to 1 hour wait, depending on which days you go. Sometimes it can be 20 to 30 min. There are some passes that you can get with your entrance ticket which allows you to go to the beginning of the rides. This is called Fast Past.

There are some rides that have big drops and are thrill rides. For example, some of the rides are: Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and many others. There are other attractions that are spinning or are simulators like the Star Wars Tour. In the parks where there are water rides is in all except for Mickey´s Toontown. The rides that have water are: Splash Mountain, “It´s a small world”, Finding Nemo Submarine, etc.

There are also parades. The parade that Disneyland Park has is “Paint the Night, All New electrical Parade.” This parade starts at 8:45pm so you can see all the neon lights which illuminate the costumed performers and Disney characters. When this parade is finished, the “Disneyland Forever” show starts. As always Tinker Bell is the one who ignites the show by flying over the castle. This show shows a lot of Disney movies and the images and the show is displayed at the castle. The night ends with fireworks which are coordinated with the images and music of the show.

If you have a chance to go to Disneyland, my recommendation is: don´t miss that opportunity. It is going to be one of the best moments of your life, and it doesn´t matter if you are a child or not. You are still going to feel like a child by riding the attractions, taking pictures with the Disney Characters and enjoying the shows. Maybe even watching the shows you may get a little bit emotional by remembering all the movies that you watched and love.

I write this because I want to share my experience that I have In Disneyland, and to let people know what it feels to be there and to give them the idea to go and have a great time.