The Industrial Revolution (School Project) | Teen Ink

The Industrial Revolution (School Project)

By Thehungergames BRONZE, Paintsville, Kentucky
Thehungergames BRONZE, Paintsville, Kentucky

Love can conquer all.

This time period is quite an exciting period to be studying the Industrial Revolution, because of the fact that there is another revolution going on in the workplace. Each time technology changes, everything around it changes and it is an exponential process. Not all of the technology can change at once.
Technology increases, and then, using the new technology, it increases even more. 20 years ago, people used filing cabinets, and a pencil and paper, but recently, with the invention of computers, all that has been turned into hard disks, and emails, and gigabytes.

The Industrial Revolution in Britain changed the society profoundly; it caused a complete change in working conditions and the relationship between the working and middle classes. The working conditions became very harsh during the industrial revolution. Assembly lines led to mass production, which led to the division of labor. The division of labor was a method of working which involved doing the same task over and over. It was totally mindless, and it led to bitterness towards the middle class from the working class.

The managers of the factories, whom were members of the working class, became more concerned with profit vs. expenses after learning about mass production, and started to cut wages to make a quick buck. This also led to bitterness on the part of the working class. The emergence of the strong middle class was part of the marked changed that occurred during the Industrial Revolution in Britain.

The Industrial Revolution affected the whole stability of a nation, not only the economy. It affected the relationships between classes, and also the relationships between countries. The most important part is how all of these concepts are very much applicable to today’s economy, which is why the Industrial Revolution was such an important period of time in the history of the world.

This is a pieace that i had to right for social studies mainly because my s.s teacher is also my reading teacher. so yeah also it was finished in like 10 minutes.