voyage to india | Teen Ink

voyage to india MAG

By momentofweakness BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
momentofweakness BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

it is one of those nights
when the clouds can't seem to swallow
their tears and the stars have forgotten
to dress the sky.

along the horizon
there are hills like white elephants
silhouettes of trees with naked branches trailing
ivory streaks across the canvas.

and once in a lonely while,
the spectral crescent moon
dangles
as paper marionettes twirl with upraised
arms from a taut, invisible string.

shhh,
the children are dancing.

Malanie GOLD said...
Malanie GOLD, Blacklick, Ohio

“I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

I completely agree. I ♥ this poem

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

simplys yet beatiful. i really like it. it was good because under or over state and it was wasn't to activisty or about a boy.  it was glispe into beauty of everyday life. your great writer because, on like most writter, you realize the best poem are about everyday life. keep writing!!!!!!!

emmacloe26 SILVER, Longmont, Colorado

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

This is so beautiful

xxLivxx GOLD said...
xxLivxx GOLD, Preston, Other

“Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.”

- Albert Camus

This is a stunning poem, beautifully written, really good, well done! :D

irishlass317 said...
irishlass317, Jefferson City, Missouri

"I asked Jesus 'How much do you love me?' He answered 'This much.' And He streched out His arms and died."

This is such a beautiful poem!! I love the imagery and the metaphors are so creative. My favorite part is the last stanza!! Great job!! :) 

Spook BRONZE said...
Spook BRONZE, Frome, Other
This poem is stunning. Beautiful images, the rhythm is right on, and well, I just love it. The last line is very poignant. I really feel like you've taken me on a journey, shown me somthing new. I think it would benefit from you fixing the capitals (in the title, at the starts of lines), because little grammar slips like that detract from the beauty somehow. It's up to you--you could capitalise it instead like you would prose, i.e. only at the start of each sentence, ignoring new lines. The only other thing is the phrase ' taught, invisible strings'. Maybe it's just me who thinks so, but the word 'invisible' jarred a little bit. I think it has too many syllables. How about 'black', or 'dark'? Anyway. Lovely, lovely, lovely. :) You are very talented. Thank you for sharing your words. Even after reading it, the last stanza carries on echoing.