I Can Do Better | Teen Ink

I Can Do Better

"Go!" I take my first steps, as my breaths begin to deepen. The cold air is slapping me in the face and nipping at my nose as I run past the corner marker.
My heart rate rises as my body temperature increases. There are people all around me. I have to get away.
I'm passing the tree. One and a half laps left to go. I think I'm going to make it. My lungs are weakening. I have to stop, but I can't. My heart tells me yes, but my mind tells me no.
I can do this. Things are going to be different this year. The sun is beating down onto my skin, as droplets of sweat start to form in pores all over my body.
I have to keep going. Side by side, the wind and I, racing to the finish line. I'm going to win. My legs pick up pace. I hear them screaming, "Go Cady go!" I run faster, faster! One more step...
He calls out "7:59." I did it. I finally did it. The best time I've ever gotten on running the mile, but I know I can do better, and next time, I will.

ashnjas408 said...
I never knew you were such a great writer =) this is awesome. great job!

im sooooo happy for you.

marquee_8 said...
I think this is a great article. it is great to see how mature your writing sounds. Do i see you as a writer in the future- Sure Do!!

leeolsen62 said...
Great. This really describes the way I

felt when I ran my first mile in a track meet. Excellent....Me, I finished last, but I really won..

damn cady thats a great article!

great job gettiN it publishD.