Derrick Rose | Teen Ink

Derrick Rose

Expository
Derrick Rose, what can I say?
This is an unstoppable guard. He is only a sophomore, and is already in the draft, and also leading his team to the NCAA 2008 National Basketball Championship. He plays for the Memphis Tigers who without him and his partner Chris Douglas-Roberts would probably be the worst team in the league. When he was just in high school he almost got in a scandal that could have ruined his career, let alone his life. After all of that he fought back, and made the highlight of career, saying that it motivates him to do so much better.

After getting in the scandal Derrick Rose now is scoring 25.4 point’s a game, and also is averaging 8.6 assists, with 4 steals a game, and if that isn’t good than I don’t what is. In the 2007-2008 season Derrick Rose led his team to a 25-1 record which is unbelievable. He won MVP for the Memphis Tigers and has really earned it.

This guy has inspired me to want to play college basketball and he is just great at what he does. A few years ago, I was playing in my basement while watching Derrick Rose play his first year with the Memphis Tigers. My dad told me, Watch how these guys play, so that one day you can be just as good as them. I told him, dad I don’t know why you want me to watch this. Memphis has no guards anyway. He said that Memphis just got a new All-American freshman and his name is Derrick Rose. I watched him, and by the end of the first quarter I new he was going to make an impact on this Memphis Tigers basketball team.

Derrick Rose has ended his years of college basketball and is ready for the NBA draft. This is probably a huge loss for Memphis and so is Chris Douglas-Roberts. This has been such a great journey for Derrick Rose. The last words he said when they lost to Kansas in the National Championship were. “I am going to miss you guys. This has been the best ride of my life, but now I have to take another big step in life, and try to make it to the NBA.

The road to the show. In about 3 months is the NBA draft. Derrick Rose is hoping to get drafted in the top ten picks of the draft. He and his so called partner Chris Douglas-Roberts, in my eyes are in the top five of being the best players in the country. I think that they deserve to get drafted in the top ten. And one day that just might be me to.

Mariah12 said...
umm i think he plays for the bulls!(:

Schmitty123 said...
I agree Derrick Rose is really I big stud and will be one of the best players in the NBA someday. If it wasn’t for him Memphis wouldn’t have finished the year where they did. He led that team as a freshman along with fellow teammate, and senior Chris Douglas-Roberts. Derrick rose was a standout freshman and was one of the best players in college basketball. Of course, there was no one better than the one and only Tyler Hansbrough.