How to Win an NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship in the Big East | Teen Ink

How to Win an NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship in the Big East

By 0kroll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
0kroll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Materials:

A squad of 13 talented basketball players
5 starters
A head coach with his group of assistants
1 year of hard work and dedication to achieving one main goal
The ability to focus and be committed each and every day
32 teams to compete against
6 games to win to win the National Championship

Directions:

Start right after the previous season ends. (1 year)
Have a team meeting about how the team has a lot of potential and if we work hard enough we can win it all.
Everything starts in the offseason, gets a few great practices strung together and it gets us going.
Start the season off with a win against a below average opponent to have our confidence at a high level.
Go 11-1 or 10-2 in non-conference to start off on the right note.
Win at home for our first Big East Conference win.
Overcome a little two game losing streak which will help us learn from our mistakes and get better as a team.
Make a strong run in the middle of February to early March to win the Big East regular season title.
Continue to stay hot going 3-0 to win the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden, New York.
 Get a 1 or 2 seed on selection Sunday to get better matchups during March Madness.
 Start off by winning the first which is the hardest one to win.
 Next, keep rolling until we play Kansas in the championship and play a tough back and forth game that comes down to the wire.
 Our best player hits a clutch step back three to put us up 1 with 10 seconds left and we play lockdown defense to win the game.
Lastly, the celebration begins as we finally achieved everything we always dreamed of and discussed earlier.
 You have successfully made the final product, Marquette is finally National Champions ever since 1977.