It Doesn't Matter | Teen Ink

It Doesn't Matter

January 5, 2017
By HannahFreetage GOLD, Hemet, California
HannahFreetage GOLD, Hemet, California
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I force the headphones into my ears and the play the music louder. For the sake that I won't hear what the world wants to tell me. I've already heard the crap it said. I don't talk much because you told me I sound better with my mouth closed. Everything I used to be you took. I'm constantly thinking of your words. They broke me. Now guess what? I can't ever forgive you. It's not like it matters. I would say I hope karma hits you with a brick and leaves you bruised like you left me, but it won't. It's how the world works. No matter what you do nothing ever bad comes to you. Just me. I've memorized every little detail of the ground because you told me my face would leave the world in ruins. YOU RUINED ME. how could you? You found a way inside of me and took everything I had left and threw it away. You meant to. You wanted to ruin me. You promised me you would. I never believed you. I guess I should have. I had nothing left yet you found something to take from me and ruin it. Why. Why.  Why. Please tell me why. Now I blame myself for letting you do that. I hope you know who you are. You probably don't. You probably are laughing right now. I hope one day you can see what you did. Why would it matter? It wouldn't.