Race Doesn't Define You | Teen Ink

Race Doesn't Define You

February 25, 2016
By Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Race is a topic people usually don’t talk about but I’ve decided to. I don’t think your race defines who you truly are. People don’t fully understand that but I think everyone is equal.

I never understood why we are defined by are skin color when all of our blood is the same. I love all people so I don’t think we should specified as different groups. What do they mean when they say “you’re white or you’re too dark ?” I think we are beautiful the way we are and no one person can tell you different. People who discriminate don’t truly understand the meaning of people.

Diversity is a beautiful thing and it makes a nation stronger. I still believe racism still exist today which is wrong but it’s the way people portray it to be. No one truly knows the real you until they take the time to know you. I enjoy making friends of a different descent because I like learning new things. You never know what new exciting things you may find out.

If we all could came together as a unity we could change the world for the better. I take everyone in with open arms and i’m not afraid to be an African American. No one person is better than the other no matter how rich or poor everyone is equal. So don’t let the color of your skin make you feel as though you’re not worth anything because we all are worth something. I wanna better our society by helping them understand that we are all human.

I want everyone to come together and be able to show society we all understand one another. I love everyone there has never been hate in my heart about the next person. One day we will truly understand each other and it will be the best day ever when we are all together as one.