School Lunches | Teen Ink

School Lunches

By Christian_hebert BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
Christian_hebert BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

The food at my school is not up to standards. The food has too small portion sizes, and the food is of bad quality. The cafeteria has too long lines and is dirty. The lunch is short and has not enough time to relax before the next class.  The concessions are expensive.

The food has small portion sizes. The school lacks food and leaving kids hungry after lunch. The portion size is not sufficient to feed the hundreds of kids that are hungry. We need better tasting meals to feed everyone and more people will eat school lunch if the lunch taste good.

The food at the school is of bad quality. The food tastes horrible and is not up standers. The kids at school do not eat the food because it tastes terrible. The kids are going hungry because they would rather go hungry than eat the school lunch. The lunch is dry and bland. 

The lines in the cafeteria are so long because they let the whole high school grades 9-12 eats at one time. The time wasted by waiting the whole lunch period in line. If the lines were shorter the kids would eat faster, and it would be easier for everyone. The kids need their lunch period to study and relax before their next class. There should be an extra 10 minutes.

The cafeteria is not clean. This is bad because the kids can get sick. The eating conditions are terrible, the floors are dirty, and the tables still have food on them from the middle school. The seats are usually covered with old food left from the middle school. The lunch lines are covered in old food spilled by the lunch ladies.

The lunch period is too short. We need to extend the lunch period to give a longer break from class. We need to extend it because we stand in line the whole time. If we had more of a break we could reset our brains and focus in on the last three hours of the day. We would make better grades and earn a higher GPA.

The concessions are expensive. The items cost too much money and there are not many choices to choose from. If the prices were lowered the kids would just eat the concession and not go hungry. The kids would at least have a source of food to eat if they did not like what they had in the cafeteria.