The Best Teacher | Teen Ink

The Best Teacher

June 10, 2015
By Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California
18 articles 2 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"if you can be anyone just be you unless you could be Buffy Summers then be Buffy Summers"


 You might ask your self who is your best teacher it may be easy or it may be hard. For me it is easy. My favorite teacher is know as many things one of them being mom. Know you might be think she is homeschooled that doesn't count, or why her mom? My moms name when I am doing schoolwork is still mom but sometimes I call Mrs. Gutierrez. Or headmistress. She owns our private school. For school work she gives us different projects to do to help us learn what we should know. She doesn"t give us Fs unless we get one but if we are struggling with something she helps us learn it. For example I struggled with reading i didn't like to. She made it part of schooling to try to help me but even that was not enough. She then pushed me to read for five years. Yes, five years that she didn"t give up when normal teachers would have. she pushed me and now I love to read. Another example, History. I dreaded during history, so my mom decided she would pick one place to learn about with me and my brothers and we would learn about. To learn about it we looked up what they would wear. What they eat. my brothers colored and I wrote reports. then, one night for dinner we would make a meal from the place we were learning about.


The author's comments:

I know my mom won't see this but, Mom I love you. You are the greates teacher/mom I kid could ask for.  Special a teenager.

Add your stories of your favorite teacher in the comments.