When I Got My Hamster | Teen Ink

When I Got My Hamster

May 21, 2014
By Skye Naves BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Skye Naves BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

May 6th 2013, My friend Emily calls me and says,

“Bella finally had her babies”.

Right away I say,

I’m coming over”.

I walk to Emily’s house and right as I enter the door I announce,

“Where are they”?

Emily replies,

“Back here”.

I fallow Emily to the back room, my heart pounding faster than a cheetah can run.

I hurry to the back room with Emily and as soon as I see the hamsters I instantly turn as red as a fire truck.

“Here they are”,

Emily says

“Wow”,

I say,

“They are so cute”.

“I know right”,

Emily says.

“I want one”,

I say.

“I’m sorry”,

Emily says.

“Why”,

I ask.

“Because you would have to wait a month anyway”,

Emily says.

I was silent, thinking how selfish she was to think she in charge of these hamsters when she knows her there her moms for right now. But I was trying to keep from the argument.

Later that day I’m at home talking to my mom.

“Mom”,

I ask,

“What would you say if I wanted a hamster”?

“No”,

She says
My heart drops faster than car of a cliff, I was silent, crying inside.

The next day I talk to my mom again and I turns out she says yes(I’m guessing she was just in a bad mood).

About a week or two after that I get the cage because Emily’s mom Toni took me to Petco.

About a week after that Toni arrives at my door with daisy(That’s what named her, the perfect name for a hamster with blond fur, black eyes and ears, and pink nose and tail and feet) in a hamster ball.

I immediately rush to fix her cage and put her in, I’ve never been so happy in my life. (Right now she is about 1 year and 15 weeks old).


The author's comments:
I had to right about somethink for my english class at school so the first thing I thought of was the most exiting day I would never forget.