When I Got My Hamster | Teen Ink

When I Got My Hamster

By Skye Naves BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Skye Naves BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

May 6th 2013, My friend Emily calls me and says,

“Bella finally had her babies”.

Right away I say,

I’m coming over”.

I walk to Emily’s house and right as I enter the door I announce,

“Where are they”?

Emily replies,

“Back here”.

I fallow Emily to the back room, my heart pounding faster than a cheetah can run.

I hurry to the back room with Emily and as soon as I see the hamsters I instantly turn as red as a fire truck.

“Here they are”,

Emily says

“Wow”,

I say,

“They are so cute”.

“I know right”,

Emily says.

“I want one”,

I say.

“I’m sorry”,

Emily says.

“Why”,

I ask.

“Because you would have to wait a month anyway”,

Emily says.

I was silent, thinking how selfish she was to think she in charge of these hamsters when she knows her there her moms for right now. But I was trying to keep from the argument.

Later that day I’m at home talking to my mom.

“Mom”,

I ask,

“What would you say if I wanted a hamster”?

“No”,

She says
My heart drops faster than car of a cliff, I was silent, crying inside.

The next day I talk to my mom again and I turns out she says yes(I’m guessing she was just in a bad mood).

About a week or two after that I get the cage because Emily’s mom Toni took me to Petco.

About a week after that Toni arrives at my door with daisy(That’s what named her, the perfect name for a hamster with blond fur, black eyes and ears, and pink nose and tail and feet) in a hamster ball.

I immediately rush to fix her cage and put her in, I’ve never been so happy in my life. (Right now she is about 1 year and 15 weeks old).

I had to right about somethink for my english class at school so the first thing I thought of was the most exiting day I would never forget.