What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

September 17, 2013
By KaylaDayann SILVER, Wilmington, North Carolina
KaylaDayann SILVER, Wilmington, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.







-Helen Keller


Love. Do we really know what love is? Some of us say we are in love but we are not we just want. Love can be a beautiful thing we experience. Even though people think being in love means that you are being trapped by the person you are with. But being in love doesn't mean that it has to be a person. Like I have a bear that reminds me of my mom. She gave it to me when I first turned one. And I still have it now. Now that is something I love and never would get rid of. So I am saying love doesn't have to always go to a person love can be an infinite of things. There's a difference between falling in love,being in love,and having someone being in love with you. I might be too young for love. I might not know what love is. Or understand it. I might know something close to it, though. But falling in love is something I do and I'm sure everyone else does every single day. You might not know it, but somewhere in this moment someone thinks you are everything.What I wonder each day, though, is who in the entire universe, that person is. I also wonder if I am in love with someone but just don't know it. As I think about it, I just say to myself that whatever happens happens. It is all about timing. See I didn't mention perfect timing because nothing in this world is perfect. You just have to wait and hope for the best. When you are ready for love it will come to you, don't look for it because when you look for things its really right in front of you, but your too busy to really see it.


The author's comments:
I feel as though people need to under the concept of love what love is and what kind of love there is because love is more than a word, its a feeling that people just seem to throw around now without caring.