Home Alone | Teen Ink

Home Alone MAG

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

soniacortess BRONZE, Wyoming, Michigan
Very Very good and very suspenseful, I loved how you wrote this.

HereSheIs BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

Woah creepy and suspenseful

Arti.M BRONZE said...
Arti.M BRONZE, Tirana, Other
A really great writing piece. AMAZING!!!

Yld777 SILVER said...
Yld777 SILVER, Tirana, Other
so good. I could relate everything! Amazing

Breanna_Valentine PLATINUM, Sullivan, Ohio

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."
"Everything happens for a reason."
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

Just like @Michelle1718 said awesome and scary but AMAZING!!!

Michelle1718 said...
Michelle1718,
Awesome......Gave me chills......

Michelle1718 said...
Michelle1718,
This story is different from the other creepy story's because I read creepy and terrifying story's and this one is the first one to give me chills.

CacophonousWordSalad BRONZE, Oswego, Illinois
This was actually really creepy! I hate staying home alone and after reading this, I probably won't again for a long time.

Fatima_Arif BRONZE, Houston, Texas
very clear image .....gave me chills....

WriterExpert7 GOLD, Lahore, Other

"What I am looking for is not out there, it's in me." ~ Hellen Keller

Words were nicely put! Keep it up!

KyraSapphire said...
KyraSapphire, Fort Worth, Texas
Once, I heard a lot of creaking noises upstairs that I thought were footsteps. I called my mom, and she told me to get out of the house. I ran outside and went to my friend Ashliee's house. Turns out that it was my cat, Red...

Batman53 said...
Batman53,
lol this is sad

mmcn1 SILVER said...
mmcn1 SILVER, Audubon, New Jersey

"You can't be sad when you're laughing, so just laugh," -Mia Nixon

Wow, that gave me the chills!

mattyaoneill SILVER, New York City, New York

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Benjamin Franklin

You did a amazing job on this personal experience! Keep up the great work! I really enjoyed reading this! Thanks! And Keep It Up!

GirlGenius SILVER, Oakland, New Jersey

The question for today is* : If you could solve any world crisis right now, what would it be?
(*-GirlGenius's favorite quote)

Ha ha! You made my side hurt. I loved how the tension fused up and how I got into it. Great writing!   (Check out my writing sometime...)

Romero said...
That's some scary stuff!!! I will never stay home if that happened to me

Ez3521 said...
Ez3521, Berwyn, Illinois
To think that people can try to get into your head by doing those types of things.

mikey123 said...
you are really rude

Teacher Jean said...
I am a Freshman English teacher, and I'm going to share your story with my class as a strong example of narrative writing. Good work!

Grace Williams SILVER, Saint Charles, Illinois
Such an amazingly detailed piece. Please keep writing!