Love's the Thing | Teen Ink

Love's the Thing

November 14, 2012
By FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia
FromTheHeart14 PLATINUM, Roswell, Georgia
22 articles 5 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything happens for a reason."


“There are always good people.” I downtown Atlanta, there are many people who are homeless. I see them sleeping on the concrete benches and trying to stay alive. The way that they have to live is just cruel. No one deserves to have to spend their life begging for money and food from complete strangers.
Once a month or so, my family and I will make baked ziti, bring water bottles and cookies downtown to them. We serve between 45-50 people every time. Husbands, wives, moms, dads, children, and so many more people, all right out of the trunk of our car. The joy and thankfulness on their faces always make my day.
Knowing that I am helping other people who are less fortunate than I am makes me so blissful. This one little meal helps them stay strong and live longer. The people bless us and thank us every time. One of the women actually said thank you and that it is nice to know that there are some people in this world who care and are willing to help out. This just proves that there really are good people in this world.


The author's comments:
When I see people so lonely and less fortunate than me, It makes me want to do something to help them out and make their lives better.