What if? | Teen Ink

What if?

By RisingMomoM.R. SILVER, Georgetown, Texas
RisingMomoM.R. SILVER, Georgetown, Texas

i think of experiences and images...as being stored in the rootcellar of my mind, hibernating in the dark in the dark until they are ready for stories.
-Daniel Keyes

Have you ever wondered? What if you weren’t you? If you just sit down on a bench somewhere. And you just watch people go by, going about their business. People of different races or cultures? What if you were someone else? What if you were someone who’d pass you by, a street or ally? Instead of being yourself?

Most people these days, don’t think about things like that. Questions with no answer, or probably no meaning. People just don’t think of the ‘What if’? What if you could’ve been a different sex? How would you feel about something else you are not used to? Again, questions that I ask, but can’t be answered.

All we can say is ‘what if’? Sometimes no one could know all the answers. Only God knows the answers. Us humans could only wonder about things like that. But you don’t really have to say ‘humans’. Animals such as cats and dogs for instance. Do you ever wonder how they think of us, in their eyes? Do you ever just stop and think, if they could maybe understand us? What would they think of us? All we can say ‘what if’?

Most people in this world do not even think of any of these questions. They just go on.... living in this unanswered world. Not even thinking about ‘what if’, in peoples life’s. Just keep moving forward. Not even a second thought about the if’s. But some people do, always do wonder about things like that. They think about the if’s in life. They think about life beyond our own. If we were something or someone.

But if you- the person who’s reading - can relate to any of this. Then just sit down on a bench at a very populated area. And just watch people go by and think about what I’ve said. Just wonder about ‘what if’?

Does it ever make you wonder about the if's or the coould'ves? Read this article and you'll know what I mean.

Evanescence__Freak BRONZE, Marburg, Other

"Nothing lasts forever, the humanity within myself slowly dies. It won't be long until i am gone...Not physically but mentally..." -Me
"You're not alone, Honey. Never...Never" Understanding, Evanescence.

oh monique i can relate to it so much i always ask what if this were different what if it hadn't happened would i be who i am today, i loved your piece.. keep writing :) you got some talent girl !