Different World | Teen Ink

Different World

By vballlm13 SILVER, No. Tonawanda, New York
vballlm13 SILVER, No. Tonawanda, New York

My junior year in High School, I was one of twelve students selected for the Peer Leadership team. I was privileged to participate and contribute to the success of this program. Our committee provided support for additional students with special needs. If our motivated committee impacted just one life with encouraging results, it was gratifying to us. What intrigued me the most was the genuine warmth and appreciation that the individuals conveyed when you simply spent time with them. When I stepped foot into my first meeting, I was convinced that I had ideal plans for my future. Working in close contact with philanthropic persons in the community has helped me to determine that no matter what career I pursue, I intend on giving back to others. Thankfully this program has taught me; the ability to take charge and lead successfully. Furthermore, to grow and thrive allowing me to take actions from a different perspective and inspiring others. My experiences in Peer leadership are ever lasting, and will help ease my transition into college, and again in the working world.