Final Goodbye | Teen Ink

Final Goodbye

By nutmeg212 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
nutmeg212 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

Hey,

You’re my best friend. I can’t believe you’re leaving. Don’t think that I’m mad, because I’m not. Not mad… just sad. You are the one I know that I can always count on. The one who I can text even when he’s in the middle of the Caribbean and I know he will answer. You’re the one who makes me feel better when I feel like I’m not good enough. You are the one who makes me smile, and sing, and laugh… and in this instance, cry. I never thought I would have to go through a school day without seeing you. I never thought that the last time I saw you would be today. I never thought that when you left it would be to go to a different school, practically a world away. I never imagined that you would leave. I know I’m being a total masochist writing this, because it hurts too bad. You are my friend, my confidante, my buddy, mi amigo and compadre. You have put up with me for almost two years, I never thought that you would stop. I always thought that you would be there, be here. I never ever thought you would leave or have to go. I know that you feel bad that you have to go, but you shouldn’t. You should be happy to know that you are smart enough to get into the smart boy school. Sure, it’d breaking my heart to have to watch you go, but it’s… I don’t want to say the right thing to do, but it is. There are so many things I wish I could have told you. And now you’re off on your way to the rest of your life. And you deserve that. You’re my best friend and you make me so happy, but you need to be happy too. I always want what’s best for you, because you matter to me too much to see you upset. What I really want to do is to go and have someone take your school and plop it in the middle of nowhere so that you have to stray here. But what I’m really going to do, is nothing. I couldn’t ruin something like this for you. I probably won’t even give you this letter. You’re going to become a legend there, I know it. And you won’t remember us at all. I love you like the cool brother I didn’t get to have,

Meg

This is a letter Iwrite to my friend. A week before school ended, he told me he was going to some smart boy school far away. It sucked. I got home and lied on the bathroom floor and cried for an hour. Th elast day of s hool I told everyone that it was no big deal that he was leaving, that we would see him again. They all cried, but i was numb and pretended to be fine while my heart was breaking, it was awful. I never gave him this, but more wrote it for myself. I cried the whole time I wrote it. You don't have to comment, it'd just good to know it's out there. Maybe you can connect. And maybe God seriously smiles upon you and you have no idea what this feels like. "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger..."

TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

while i was reading this i started tearing up because i've had to move & change schools 4 times so i know what its like to have to leave your friends....you did a great job of capturing the emotion of the reader in this :)

nutmeg212 GOLD said...
nutmeg212 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

Thanks.  That means so much to me.  Check out some of my other peices, but this is definiitely one of my favorites. 

MacnCheezz BRONZE, The Colony, Texas

Phillipians 4:13

~Anonymous
"People who hate reading scare me. Good books have kept me alive..."

I have to say. You have an extreme talent for writing. You have this ability to connect with human emotions that I have never seen before. Teen Ink has issues. They aren't putting your work in their magazine..

DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California

"Don't ever let the media tell you what to look like. You're beautiful the way you are. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly." - Gerard Way.

so beautiful and i know the feeling. im really sorry :( i regretted never telling the person how much i really loved them as a friend so maybe u should tell this person?? u dont hav to jst a piece of advice :)

addicted2writing SILVER, Chesapeake, Virginia

Don't break to fit in, bend to stand out.

Very beautyful. I can relate to your situation in a certain way except with me I was the one moving. After I moved  cried then I wrote a letter that I never mailed. :)